|Soul|

Were people supposed to be like this?

Like they've lost humanity?

Like they don't feel guilt wash over their bodies?

Like the death of a single soul makes no difference?

But it did make a difference.

Each person has a special place in a the world. Each person has a reason to be alive. ____ Wasn't against humans nor ghouls. She wanted balance, she wanted equality. Not the equality of genders or races. She wanted the equality of each and every soul.

Her mother was a ghoul and even when she was to other people, a Monster, to her she was the most beautiful woman in the world. She may have been of the kind to eat human flesh but, even she had her rules. She never killed a human, she ate the ones who had killed themselves. She had taught ____ that each soul had a purpose. The nineteen year old girl had vowed to herself that she would stick to her mother's words. She would not follow the ways of either species. She would make her own ways.

"Would you like a hotdog Ma'am?" A man asked her. She snapped out of her thoughts and faced the man working the hotdog stand. Every soul had a purpose, an importance. She repeated the thought over and over as she bought a hotdog from the man. He had to feed a family. How much could he earn from just a stand? "Does this feed your family properly?" ____ asked him. He was startled by the strange question. Nobody had ever asked him that, nobody had cared to. He shook his head, a small smile gracing his face. It wasn't a happy smile, it was one out of sadness.

"My wife has a sickness, I have to pay for her treatments too." He spoke with sadness. ___ had a blank face but inside, she felt for the man that she barely knew. "Can I meet her?" She asked, making the man wonder what her intentions were. He nodded nonetheless. "Can I ask you something?" He quickly spoke.

____ looked at him with her blank face. She nodded. He sighed and scratched his head. "Y-you aren't a ghoul, right?" He asked. ___ stiffened. Did he think that she was a ghoul who wanted an easy meal? Was this what humans thought of ghouls? A tear rolled down her face. Then another. The man's eyes widened, had he said something wrong?

"Miss, I didn't mean to offend you!" He said, trying to calm her down. She shook her head and let out a small laughter. He was confused, was she bipolar? "I'm not a ghoul, I'm human. Though, you should know something important." She spoke, smiling slightly. He stared at her, waiting for what she was about to say.

"Not all ghouls are bad, every life has a reason to behave the way they do." The man thought over what she had said to him throughout his day.

____ met his family that day. He had two beautiful kids. His wife was a lovely woman in her 20's. She had a medical condition that could be cured with the right amount of money.

____ had no money issue, she had a well paying job at a game developing company. "Hikaru! Come here." She called the hotdog guy's -also known as Banri- daughter. She was a sweet girl. Her blonde hair bounced as she came running to ____. "Sister! Are you leaving already?" She asked sadly. She had grown attached to ____ in the past two hours she had been there. ____ smiled at the little girl and hugged her. "I'll visit you again soon. Do something for me, though. Give this to your dad for your mom, okay?" She told the child, handing her a bundle of money. The child stared at the money, confusion on her face. The girl laughed at her confused expression. "You're mom will be playing with you again pretty soon, okay?" The little girl nodded at the older one.

"I'll get going now, it's already dark out." She said, kissing Hikaru's cheeks. Hikaru smiled and hugged the older girl. ___ smiled at the affection she received from the little girl. She loved kids. She had wished she could have her own one day but that wasn't possible. Being the offspring of a ghoul and human had its downsides. ___ could not have kids according to a human doctor.

"Bye! Tell your parents to take care."