|Aogiri|

Love was never supposed to be easy.
It wouldn't be love if it was ever easy.
You'd fight for it.
You'd scar yourself for it.
You'd kill for it.
And you'd never give up.

___ woke up on her soft bed. How had she gotten there? She had no idea. The last she remembered was staying up to talk to Kaneki and to get to know him. Both of them had shared their deepest secrets even when it had been just a few hours they had met. Kaneki had found out that she was an offspring of a human and a ghoul. It was a puzzle to him though because from what he heard, she should've been powerful and she should've had the characteristics each ghoul had.

She got up from her bed and walked to the bathroom. She washed her face and brushed her teeth then walked out of her room. She was in her pyjamas. I don't remember changing.

She walked into the living room to find Kaneki asleep on her couch. The sight was adorable to her. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep and last night. When she first saw him, she never imagined that he had been a victim of so many things. She found herself crying silently.

Why was the world so cruel? Why did bad things have to happen to people?

She must not have been as silent as she thought because Kaneki was fully awake and walking towards her. Her eyes widened and she quickly apologised for waking him. Kaneki shook his head. "You don't need to apologise." He said softly. Kaneki's presence gave her some sort of comfort. She couldn't pinpoint what she was feeling. She hadn't felt like this ever before.

She stared at his face. He was so beautiful. She didn't know how someone could be so tainted yet so breathtakingly perfect. Her eyes moved to his hair, snow white hair. She had wanted to touch them last night. Would he let me?

"K-kaneki, can I?" She said in a whisper, pointing to his hair. He held a confused expression as he didn't know what she was asking. "What?" He asked. ___ looked away from his face. He must think I'm a creep.

"I want to f-feel your hair." She whispered yet again. How could she say something so weird out loud? Kaneki blushed at her request but nodded. He grabbed her hand and brought it to his hair. He intertwined his fingers with her's and had them run through his hair. He let go of her hand and let her run her fingers through his hair as much as she wanted.

It felt nice. To him and her, both. He closed his eyes in peace as whatever she was doing relaxed him. He had never felt so calm. When she stopped she apologised for asking for something so weird. Again Kaneki said, "You don't need to apologise."

___ smiled at him and asked if he was hungry. He didn't know what to answer to that. She knew that as a ghoul he couldn't eat human food, so why would she ask that? "My mother was ghoul, remember?" She said. "I have some flesh in the refrigerator." She said as she walked towards the kitchen.

She opened her refrigerator and took out two packages of flesh. They were still fresh. Kaneki's eyes widened. "___, You don't have to do that for me."

"Nonsense. Why shouldn't I?"

She handed him the packages and smiled. "Go on, you can eat. It doesn't scare me or anything." She said, assuring him that it was fine.

Kaneki was hesitant but he listened to her and opened one of the packages. He took out the flesh. It was still a bit bloody. He looked at the beauty in front of him. He smiled as he thought, Beauty and the Beast, huh?