Eyes

[F/N]'s POV

After our meal we headed to the training grounds to observe new comers. We separate to properly scope out the young adults but I couldn't help but feel eyes on me. I looked around, even at Erwin but I saw no one watching me. I saw that the cadets are improving, the ones who are joining our squad will be promising. I accompany Levi because I see him scolding a cadets cleanliness, after the cadet flees Levi looks at me and he eases.

"Tch, shitty brats need to learn that sweeping dust under a rug doesn't get past me."

I chuckle, "True, but then nothing gets past you Corporal."

He lets out a fake chuckle, "Are you making fun of me?"

"Now what could I do to make fun of you, I could call you short but then again I am shorter than you, so that's no good."

Levi looks at me and smiles, "I can see what Erwin sees in you."

My eyes widen a little and I blush slightly, "W-What exactly does Erwin see in me?"

"You are kind to everyone, yet you expect nothing in return, you're nothing like your brother. When I see Nile I get angry, but when I hear your voice, I can't help but feel at ease."

He sets his hand on my shoulder, "Erwin has chosen well, and if you ever feel unsure or unloved by him, know that you can come to me so I can kick the shit out of him."

I chuckle, "I'll keep that in mind and thank you for your kind words, it makes me happy that my efforts aren't going unnoticed."

He nods and we part so I can do more rounds before we do paperwork on the progress of the cadets, I still felt as if someone was watching me, how strange.

Unknown POV

So that girl seems to be close to him, this should be fun Levi. I can't wait to hold this little family reunion. I'll wait until she is alone to make my move.

Small Time Skip

[F/N]'s POV

I head to my office to do regular daily paperwork, things have been good. I can't help but smile when I think about what Levi said, he really is kind, he just shows his kindness differently. Jean and Marco have become stronger as well, I can see Jean be a squad leader one day. As I do paperwork I hear a knock.

"Name and business?"

"It's personal business and I would prefer to not introduce myself behind a door."

It puzzled me but I guess that makes sense, "Come in."

The man that entered looked...intimidating, a familiar uneasiness. This guy looks like almost Underground material, but I need to know why he is here first. I reach my hand out offering my hand.

"So what brings you here to see me, I'm Squad Leader [Full Name]."