Spiritual Networking - Chapter 1

For all of her long hours of reading, editing, suggesting ideas. Not to mention the many tears of laughter in chat!

The website www.newlife-christian.us is a real website that I have created to accompany this story. Also, the main characters are on Wattpad and Paul will be posting his devotional under HeDied4Me-ILive4Him and Millie will be posting her poems under MilliVanilli. I hope you take a few minutes to check out the other aspects of this story that may not be in the written part of this story.

(The website has t-shirst and other products that have been suggested by readers and that were created by me with Wattpad's approval.)

Now, I will stop talking and let you start reading!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying writing it! Goldie68

******************************************************************** 

Chapter 1

Millie was in the zone. Her hair pulled up in a loose bun, her glasses were sitting a little crooked on her face and a diet coke within reach. As soon as the delivery man would arrive with dinner she was set. She just had a couple more tweaks to make to the design she was working on for an international shipping company’s logo and she could send it off with their other design options. They could then let her know which logo they wanted for their branding. That was Millie, a graphic artist turned marketing brander by day, an Internet junkie by night. She could not only design your logo, but show you the best ways to utilize it to make the most for your money with it on the Internet. Millie had clients all over the world and she was good at what she did.

She heard the all too familiar blue hatchback parking in front of her building. Moments later, the doorbell rang. Standing up from her computer, she yawned and stretched. She had been sitting there for a long time today and tried to get some of the kinks out before going to get her dinner. She was wearing a tank top and shorts, as Millie went to the door she quickly threw on her hoodie and handed the delivery man the exact amount plus a nice tip. Millie tured to go back inside and close the door to her studio apartment even before the deliveryman could say thank you.

The smell of eggplant parmigiana and spaghetti filled her small apartment. Returning to her monitor, she sent off the email to the client listing the deadlines for needing a decision. With a smile of satisfaction, Millie picked up a fork and took a bite of her dinner. Sitting down her tin container after a couple of bites, she began the dance steps of her nightly routine. Checking Facebook for clients’ and associates’ birthdays, playing a game or two, making sure her crops were planted and harvested. She heard a ping alerting her a new email was in, her sister sending her another stupid joke. . . DELETE! Then she moved on to Hulu and pulled up an episode of Criminal Minds.

“Why would anyone have multiple monitors and not utilize them?” Millie thought as she opened another browser in her extended desktop. Sometimes she wondered if three widescreen monitors were enough? On her next screen she used IMDb to find out information about the actors in this episode, while in her last screen she had her chat on constantly in case a client on the other side of the world needed her.

As soon as she was done with dinner, she did her favorite thing, surfed. Millie loved going from website to website finding new things. She lived in tabs, constantly moving from tab to tab like someone would move from friend to friend at a party. Spending time with one then moving to another, constantly looking for the one that will entice her for a while. Contacting businesses that might need her services designing their logos and branding may be her normal job, but surfing the world wide web was her passion.

Tonight she found herself wanting to read, so read she did. She pulled up Wattpad on her center screen, and did the Wattpad Shuffle, letting the website choose a story for her to settle in and read. She began to read “Walking in Faith” by HeDied4Me-ILive4Him.

‘Life doesn’t always work out the way we expect, and then again, sometimes it does. Does it work out the way we expect because we make it happen? Or does it happen that way because we are too scared to try to walk the path God has prepared for us? Ask yourself:  When doors open, do you walk through them? Or do you pass them by content with your current path? Do you do the will of God? Or do we exist knowing we may love God, but allow fear to overtake our lives so that we don’t follow the plans he has for us?’