Chapter Six

After having a delicious dinner and saying goodnight to CJ and his family, Andi went up to her new room and slipped into bed. Turning off the light, she laid under the covers and thought. CJ and his family were so kind to take her in while the police department located a close family member.

Andi looked at the clock, which read 10:24pm. Being so awakened and hyper-ish, Andi walked out of the room and went to go find CJ's. Crossing her fingers, Andi opened one door. Nope, that was the bathroom. Crossing the hallway, Andi opened another door, hoping it was CJ's room. To her luck, it was.

"Andi?" CJ turned over in his sleep, squinting his eyes from the sudden light, and sat up in bed, the covers falling off his covered chest.

Making an apologetic look through the dark, Andi replied, "sorry, I couldn't fall asleep."

CJ rubbed his eyes once more, and motioned for Andi to come over to him. "What's keeping you from sleep?" CJ smiled. Andi closed his door and walked over to him, being cautious not to fall over.

"The day. Something I never expected to happen." Andi saw his smile through the dark, and smiled back. "Did I wake you up?" Andi asked, if he was tired she didn't want to interrupt his sleep.

"No. I was awake." CJ lied, he didn't want Andi to leave. She was put through a lot in just a matter of two days and all CJ wanted was to comfort her and help her smile return. Andi believed him, seeing there was no way she noticed CJ was lying. After all, they were in the dark.

"Do you mind if I stay and chat a bit?" Andi asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Sure." CJ situated himself to the left side of his bed and laid back down, Andi followed but on the right side. Only a small gap of space nested between the two.

"What do you do in your free time?" Andi asked the first question.

"Umm..... I like to draw, read, or write." Silence began as CJ thought of a question to ask Andi. Andi laid on her back against CJ's comfortable bed, her small chest heaving up 'n down with every breath she took.

"What's your middle name?" CJ said, breaking the silence.

"Rae. And you?"

"I actually don't have a middle name. Well, I do but I don't." CJ laughed quietly, along oath Andi, "if you count the Junior in my name, I guess that's my middle name. Caleb Junior."

"Your dad's name is Caleb? Or your grandpa's?" Andi asked, curious which men in his family his name came from.

"My dad's name is Caleb. Does your middle name come from a tradition as well?"

"Kind of. My mum named me after my grandma's first name. Grandma Rae." Andi smiles in the dark, not knowing CJ was, too.

The two passed questions back and forth and soon, Andi grew tired. Every answer or question she said, her voice grew quiet and soon, her eyes refused to open and Andi laid silently breathing in her sleep. No snoring, no heavy breathing. Just silent breathing.

<<<>>>

The fresh, early morning sun rays woke Andi up. She remembered last night, how she fell asleep in CJ's bed. She looked to her left and CJ still laid there, asleep. Quietly walking out of the room and into the guest room, Andi walked into the bathroom. Her hair wasn't messy, as usual. Wanting to take a shower, Andi thought of where the towels might be. And Mrs. Abrams, CJ's mum, saved her.

"Looking for a towel?" Mrs. Abrams asks, a towel wrapped on her arm. Turning around, Andi blushed in embarrassment.

"Y-yes, sorry." CJ's mum smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door. Behind her. Andi went a locked it and returned to the bathroom.

After a shower, Andi quickly through on some clothes, Mrs. Abrams had gotten from CJ's cousin. Her clothes fit just right on Andi. A comfortable USA flag T-shirt and black sweatpants. Tucking the front bottom of the T-shirt into the sweatpants, Andi used a hairbrush she found and combed out her waste length, blonde hair.

Unlocking and opening the door, CJ stood there with his hand closed, just about to knock.

"Oh my gosh, you scared me!" Andi said, laughing a bit. CJ laughed along.

"May I say the same with you? Haha, my mum says when you're ready, we can start breakfast."

Smiling, Andi quickly answered, "I actually am ready." Andi smiled and together, CJ and herself walked down the stairs to the dining room. CJ's parents, Preston, and Ricky were already sitting.

"Sorry for the wait." Andi apologized.

"Oh, no worries, darlin'!" Mrs. Abrams answered.

Andi took a seat next to Ricky and CJ, and the food was served by Mr. Abrams. Slowly eating who the rest of the Abrams' family, Andi listened to everyone's cheerful voices. Quickly thinking to CJ noticing her fresh cuts yesterday, Andi let go of her fork, and sat silently with her wrists covered in her lap.

Everyone noticed her stop eating and they turned to her.

"Andi, you alright?" Mrs. Abrams asks with a hint of concern hitting the tone of her voice. CJ perked his head up and turned to his right side to look at Andi. CJ looked down and noticed her covering her wrists, and he knew why.

Andi didn't know what to say, she didn't want to lie but that was the only choice she had if she didn't want anyone else, but CJ and Ricky, to know about her cuts. Good thing CJ was there, he had her back covered.

"She's not that hungry, mum." CJ said, his face straight, not a trace to see his lie. But his mother seemed to believe his fake statement and answered:

"Oh, why didn't you say so? It's alright if you're not hungry." Andi, to be honest, wasn't that hungry, or hungry at all. She played along with CJ by nodding slightly.

"I'll take her leftovers." Preston and his dad said in jinx.

CJ took her plate and handed it to his dad and Preston. Looking at Andi's face, he knew she wasn't hungry. Hiding his food, knowing his mum would make him finish it, he left and dumped his food.

"Mum, Andi and I will be out front, ok?" CJ said, him and Andi heading for the front door.

"Alright, but be careful, you two"." With a nod to their heads, Andi and CJ walked outside, closing the front door behind him.

"So, what would you like to do today, Andi?"