Chapter Nine

TWO YEARS LATER

Andi has finally overcome her suicidal thoughts and negative feelings. Once she turned 16, Andi found a part time job at the Starbucks Café near Louis and Olivia's place. Yes, she still loves with them in Arizona, but she's looking for an apartment to move out of sooner or later.

As for CJ, he's still waiting for Andi to come back. Or he's wishing to get the money to go to Arizona to see her. His 16th birthday was just a month before Andi's, and he now works part time at the Nike Shoe Store. Once he gets the money, CJ plans on moving to Arizona in hopes of seeing Andi.

Now, let's get back to this story:

The door to the Starbucks Café opened, and the bell dinged as usual. After school, Andi always comes here to work off money. It's a good thing high school students and adults come here after work or school hours to get some coffee or so, it keeps up business.

"Hello, what can I get you?" Andi said, in her now normal cheerful, happy 16 year old teen voice.

"Umm.. Can I get the the Caramel Macchiato and.." The lady pauses, "What would you like?" She asks the child standing next to her, Andi smiles patiently. "And a Cheese Danish, please and thank you."

"Of course, and what is your name, ma'am?" Andi asks.

"Tasha Mc. Greens." Andi blinked at the girl standing in front of her. She did look familiar, so did her name.

Tasha looked at Andi, then at her name tag, which read: 'Andilynn Summers.' After a blink or two from Tasha, Andi smiled.

"Tasha!" Andi reached her short figure over the countertop to hug Tasha. With another happy smile, Andi said, "your order will be done in about... Five minutes."

Tasha nodded and walked up to the pickup line.

"Hey, Jase.. Order of CM and CD." Andi called back, Jase looked at her dreamily. Jase was another teen boy Andi came across in life. Or just when she worked at Starbucks. Haha, no Andi doesn't love him, or like him. But Jase sure loves Andi, yet he doesn't know Andi is waiting for the one boy she has for two years to come.

"Tasha Mc. Greens!" Andi called out over the speakers. Tasha walked up, the child still behind her.

"Whose this little cutie?" Andi asked.

Tasha laughed with a blush, "she's my lil' cousin, Victoria. Visiting form Utah." Andi smiled and handed Tasha her coffee and Victoria her Cheese Danish?

"See you around?" Tasha asked.

"Yea, see ya around." Andi replies with a smile. Tasha and Victoria left the Café, and Andi returns to the cash register.

"Hey, Andi!" Jase said, walking up to her from the back room.

"Yea?"

"I say, we go to my house tonight.. And you know, have some fun?" Jase says, backing Andi up into a corner. Yep, in front of everyone that sat in booths or stood in line, waiting for Andi to get their orders.

"I'm not interested. Please back off, ok? People are watching."

"Come on, Andi.."

"Jase, I'm not interested in you or your stupid shenanigans. Please back off."

"Oh, Andi. Stop playin' games.. We both know you love me."

"Jase, I swear to hell if you don't leave me alone, I well kick your a--"

Jase turned around, wanting to know who tapped him on the shoulder. Louis stood next to him, with a fake, angry-like smile. "What you doin' with my sis?" Andi smiled in relief that her brother saved her little butt.

Jase stared from Louis to Andi back to Louis. The two siblings shared similar features. The same crystal, baby blue eyes, the same soft faces, and the same England accent. Yes, Jase looked scared. But Louis wasn't the type to be scary and tough. He was the funny, sassy type of boy. But when someone messes with his dear little sister or wife, oh that class-clown boy will disappear and out comes a mad, tough boy.

"I- uh.." Jase slowly scoots away, but Louis puts his hand in the way.

"Louis, you're gonna hurt hi-" Andi started but Louis cut her off, again, this time with words instead of a tap on the shoulder.

"If I see you mess with Andilynn ever again, you can say sorry to you smart-ass head of yours, you hear me?" Jase nodded frantically and walked off.

Louis motions for Andi to follow him, taking her to the car.

"Olivia just had her baby, she wanted me to get you so you could see him first, other than me." Louis says, a bit of anger still hinted in his tone. Andi quietly sat in the passengers seat, a bit mad at Louis for making a scene in the Caféshe worked at.

"Louis, you could have hurt somebody." 

And this is where it began..

Louis' anger came out again. No one in his 23 years has seen him so angry before, not even his own 16 year old sister. "Andi, he could have hurt you. I don't want me little sister to get harmed. Especially at the age of 16!"

Andi made a hurt face and stared out the window. She was glad Louis saved her, but he seriously could've hurt someone. "You made a scene and you embarrassed me." Andi said quietly.

"It was better then getting hurt by the opposite sex!"

"Stop the car, I'm walking home." Andi said clearly. Louis looked at Andi.

"What about the baby??"

"I can see him another time.. Let me out of the car." Andi stood her ground, which wasn't usual.

"Andi, you're gonna see your nephew." Louis demanded.

"No. I'm not. Stop the car, right now, Louis. Or I will jump out of this car."

Louis abruptly stopped the car, "fine. Walk home."

Andi stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut. And that my friends, was the Summer's siblings' first fight.

Andi started to cry as she walked. She didn't like getting mad, and she didn't like it when Louis got mad. It made her feel unwanted, even though this was the first time she'd seen Louis mad. And maybe that's when one suicidal thought slipped out.

'I wish I could just die.. Right now, whether it's jumping in front of a car to not.'