Eighteen

I finally exit the bathroom, trying to think of excuses I can give the boys. But then, it hits me. I can just come back to get them, that is an option that will get them home safely. I'll leave for a bit, hang out with Kennedy, then come back for my friends, it's perfect.

As I exit the kitchen doors, I feel a hand grab onto mine for the second time tonight. "Where are you going?" The voice says as I twirl around to see her face. Lily has an innocent look on her face, a "you can't leave till you fuck me" look.

"Something came up, I'm really sorry. I'll be back for my friends later though." I reply, shaking her hand off of mine. I exit the house as quickly as possible, just to make sure I get no distractions. As soon as I reach my car, I realize that I have neon colors splattered on my shirt from Lily, I sigh and take it off, I don't want Kennedy asking questions about the small handprints.

I begin to drive as quickly and safely as possible, Kennedy said she'd meet me at the bus stop at the end of her street, which is only a five minute drive from whosever house I am at. I turn up the radio to make the drive easier, which was pointless considering I'm already down the street from our meeting spot.

As soon as I get there, Kennedy stands up from the bench she was sitting on. I'm able to catch a glimpse of what she looks like; she's wearing one of my sweatshirts and a pair of ripped, blue jeans. I met this girl last week and she already took a few of my sweatshirts, damn. She opens the car door, making the light fade on as she sits down in the passengers side seat. Her hair is up in a bun and she's just smiling at me, like if this is the first time we are meeting. "Hey, beautiful." I say, leaning towards her. She smiles even more deeply now, then chuckles.

"Shawn, where's your shirt?" She asks, making me laugh back.

"It got dirty." I reply, staring at her again. Her eyes don't look at me for long periods, and when we don't have eye contact, she smiles and blushes, then covers her face, forcing me to remove them. I hold onto her hand, then say "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere." She replies, finally looking at me and smiling. I bring my hand to her cheek, then rub her skin with my thumb, her face fells hot, she must be nervous.

"We can go to my place, do you need to be back home by a certain time?"

"No, I can sleep over if that's okay with you." She says, staring out the window. I bring my hand back onto her face, turning it so she's looking at me again.

"It's more than okay with me." I reply, carefully leaning in to kiss her cheek. She brings her hand to my opposite cheek, softly pulling my face off hers. She smiles as she leans back in, connecting her lips with mine. I pull away from Kennedy and turn on the light, I did not realize how hot her face felt until now.

Her cheeks are bright red, not like she's hot red, but as if she was bitch-slapped. I raise an eyebrow, trying my best to figure out why Kennedy would have been slapped in the face. "What happened?" I ask, running my fingers down her cheek.

"Nothing." She replies, I scoot in a bit closer, then pull away. Kennedy places her hands in between her thighs and continues to avoid eye contact. "I'm just cold."

"You have a handprint on the side of your face, Ken." I say, yet running my fingers down her skin.

"I told you not to call me that." She mutters, her mood completely changes. Rather than being the little shy, insecure girl I've come to know these past couple months, she gave me attitude, an attitude I have never heard from her.