Chapter 6

*Chloe's POV*
Am I dead? I don't know. There are slight muffled sounds but maybe that's what heaven is like. So I slowly open my eyes and see the white that surrounds me. Yes, I'm dead. I don't have to deal with this anymore. Then I see the machine. I'm attached to it and my body is in a cast. I'm not dead, I'm in hospital. Silent tears fall down my face as I realise that I still have to face everyone, I still have to deal with the pain.

The door of my room slowly creaks open and Aubrey's face peeks through. She looks sad but when she sees I'm awake her face lights up. "Omg Chloe! Never do that to me again!" She wraps me in a huge hug and I wince. My injuries must be worse than I thought. "Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot about those!" she said, looking really innocent for a change, "you have 2 broken ribs and a broken leg, not to mention the heart attack you had when you were panicking at the top of the bridge. I'll go get a doctor so you can have something to eat, ok?"

I nod and look down until I hear the click of the door closing. Then I begin to rip off my casts.

*Beca's POV*

Jesse has his arms around me as I weep in the waiting room. This is all if my fault. I'm the cause of her trying to commit suicide. My eyes look back to the letter she left for me. The letter I wish didn't exist. It just made me feel worse.

Dearest Beca,

By now I'm gone and I understand that people will probably be upset.

I know that we were great friends and that always worked and was enough for me until you and Jesse got together. I saw you two together and I became depressed, knowing you didn't feel the same. I tried to accept it but I couldn't. When you announced you were pregnant... it killed me inside and I decided that my life wasn't worth living. That's why I did this.

Don't blame yourself. I know you will be and the thing is that you can't choose who you fall for. So please don't feel guilty, that's the last thing I wanted.

With love,
Chloe.

I wish I'd known. But it wouldn't have made a difference really.

*Chloe's POV*

All of my casts are off but there's no blood. If I want to die there needs to be blood. So I search for anything sharp and find some scissors. Then I delve the scissors into my left arm and make two jagged,deep cuts right along my arm. I do the same with my other arm. Then I carve a heart into my leg with 'Beca' written below.

Just then the door swings open and Aubrey walks in, "So the nurse is going to come in and run some tests soon..." She stops and gasps, "Chloe what have you done?! I need to get a doctor now!" She runs out the room and I start pouring my heart into the artwork. I run more cuts all over my body and my stomach. Then I feel myself weaken and I lie back as I hear a scream...

*Beca's POV*

"I hope your happy," Aubrey said to me, "Look what you did to her! It's your fault. Luckily she's still alive. I'm getting her a doctor now. Just visit her at some point." Then she marched away.

I pace up and down the corridor for a few minutes until I've worked up enough courage. I see Aubrey leave Chloe's room quickly so I go in. What I see is so awful. She has cut herself EVERYWHERE with scissors and she's lying with her eyes closed. I scream an ear splitting scream when I see my name carved into her leg. Then I am carried away. And so is she. But she's in a body bag.

I know this is a really sad chapter! I nearly cried.

Suggest anything you really want to happen later on in the story here!!

Brooke
X