Chapter 10

Beca's POV

I lay staring at the ceiling, a cushion resting on my inflated stomach. "Hello baby," I whispered, my gaze wandering to where I knew my child was growing, "I promise I'm going to give you the best life possible, okay? We don't need him do we? All we need is each other." I smiled as the baby kicked the side of my stomach. It was as if they were answering my question.

My moment of relaxation abruptly stopped as the door to my dorm room flung open, hitting the wall in the process, to reveal a young man standing in the doorway, his eyes wild and his clothes creased as if he had slept in them. I quickly grabbed the side of my bed and pushed myself into a sitting position. "Who are you?" I asked, wide eyed.

"I'm.." He cleared his throat and looked down at his feet, "well, I'm nobody. Could you..could you just maybe follow me for a bit."

Judging by his helpless expression I must have looked at him as if he were crazy. But he probably was. I mean, why would he think a young pregnant girl would follow a stranger? Maybe a crazy one but I didn't know him so he didn't realise that I was crazy yet. Hopefully not anyway. "Who are you?" I asked again, my voice wavering slightly with worry.

"Okay, fine," he sighed and met my curious eyes, "I'm a guy you forgot about..and one you should probably talk to."

"What do you mean I forgot about you? I'm not as stupid as I might look you know."

"You're not stupid Beca...you were just drunk when we last met."

Uh oh. Not good.

If I was drunk when we first met I probably did something stupid. "What did I do?" I asked, my voice becoming borderline squeaky as I panicked.

The guy looked like he felt awkward but I couldn't bring myself to be sympathetic; he was beginning to freak me out.

Cautiously, he took a step towards me extending his arm to awkwardly pat my arm. "I only want to bring you to a nice cafe down the street so we can talk. This is kind of hard for me to say and I figured it might be easier somewhere you feel more comfortable."

I shrugged his arm off of me exasperatedly and flung my hands into the air. "I'm not going anywhere with you! I don't even know you. What could you possibly want from me if you can't even explain yourself?"

"Just-" he began to pace and then suddenly stopped, "-okay. Here it is. We slept together. We met at a pub and we slept together. You don't remember because after it happened you fell asleep in your dorm room and I left because.. I don't usually do this you see and I just..couldn't face you afterwards."

"You're lying." I muttered, my face paling and my hands beginning to shake. "I don't do that type of thing either. Why are you lying to me?" My voice rose as utter terror took over.

"I'm not!" He exclaimed. "I was never going to contact you but as much as I told myself it was a one night stand I had feelings for you! And I couldn't ignore them. I'm sorry." He looked down then, his face shadowed over. "Look, I'll go if that's what you really want but I really like you. Please give me a chance."

"If only it were that easy." I said, slowly standing up and ringing my hands together in nervousness.

I knew what I had to do so I did it. "I'm pregnant."

*****

Hi readers!

Major cliffhanger there. Sorry! So what do you think?? Jesse's baby or this new guy?

Thank you for being amazing!

From
Brooke
Xoxo