Chapter 7

It has been 3 months, and I still couldn't get over Chloe's unexpected death; she was my best friend and she... she was dead. I would never see Chloe again, and that hurt more than words could say.

Another reminder of the time that's passed is the growing bulge of my stomach that is increasing in size every day. Even though I tried a diet, it just didn't work; but what did I expect? It was a baby, after all.

Jesse's been really distant lately. Almost cautious whenever his eyes fall upon someone else's; at least, that was what it was like for me. I've asked various other people, and everybody's said that he's been acting totally fine with them. But I know Jesse; I know when something's wrong with him. Obviously, it's likely he's just concerned over the idea that he's going to be a father, and I guess I can understand why he is worried. I just can't seem to get rid of the idea in my head that he has a secret. And we promised to not have secrets anymore.

"-eca! Beca!!!!!" I came back into reality when 8 hands started clicking in my face and 8 voices shouted my name.

"Sorry" I giggled sheepishly, biting my lip.

"What songs are we performing for the American annual music festival becs?" Asks Cynthia-Rose.

"Ermmmm it's a mashup between 4 songs. The first is me and my broken heart by rixton. The second is hallelujah by panic!at the disco. The third is want to want me by Jason Derulo. The fourth is who you are by Jessie j. Anyone not happy with these songs or have any thoughts?"

I glanced around the group and only Natasha had her hand up. "Yeah?" I asked her.

"Those songs are boring!! We need songs with more meaning or we'll never win!" I flinch as she finishes her angry speech.

"Hey, hey," fat Amy says, raising her hands in surrender, "calm it feisty, Beca's the head of the bella's and she makes great choices. If you disagree, get your fat arse out!!"

She simply rolls her eyes.

***

I'm sitting outside in the campus, trying to put together our set. I have a pounding headache from my headphones and it feels as if the baby is beating me up. To sum it up? Not nice.

I quickly pick up my phone and dial jesse's number, worrying that something is wrong. But he doesn't pick up. By now the pain is sending my body into overdrive. I dial fat Amy's number and wait. No answer. Then I ring Jesse again. When it goes to voice mail I scream and cry and mumble words that sound like 'Jesse come get me!'

I keep ringing and ringing until the phone is picked up.

"Hello?" An icy feminine voice snaps.

"Why have you got Jesse's phone?!"

I can almost feel her evil smirk, "Well you see Hun, Jesse spent the night with me last night and he left his phone. I apologise for any inconvenience."

"What do you mean he stayed over?" I ask quietly.

"Well I'm not exactly going to explain it to you but let's just say this. He showed up at my house last night and started feeling me up. When I questioned his actions he claimed to be sick of his life and needed me right at that second. So I politely agreed and that's about it."

"Jesse would never do that!" I yell, a dull ache surrounding my heart.

"Oh but sweetie, he did. Goodbye for now!" She chirped and then she hung up.

I sink to the ground and curl up into a ball to try and rid my body of such pain. But it doesn't go away.

*****

Hi guys! I know that I haven't updated in absolutely ages but me and my editor (abbiealltimelow) have been working on what to do next, although Abbie hasn't edited this chapter, I wrote it. I hope you all like it.

I know it's still a bit depressing right now but it's going to get much happier further on in the book!

Comment what you would like to happen.

Brooke xoxo