Chapter 2

~Katherine's Pov~

It was now Monday. Ugh how I hated Mondays. I never really sleep, honestly I don't need it, but it is enjoyable. But the reason is due to the nightmares I keep experiencing.

I rode my sleek bike throughout the night and now I seem to be somewhere in Indiana. I looked around and finally saw a small diner in the distance. My stomach was growling and when I finally pulled up I was drooling.

I stepped inside and a chime sounded. Walking forward I saw a small amount of people in the diner and smiled. I liked it quite. I made my way to a single table by a wall and sat down.

My life is always so complicated i thought.

~Italy, 10th century,~

Katarina's POV.

I am so excited. Today is my 18th birthday! Charlotte has prepared a small little get together with our neighbors. Charlotte has raised me all my life after my mother was apparently died giving birth to me. She was my mother's friend, and they grew up together. Today is not only my birthday but the day where a female wolf shifts. Males usually shift on their 16th birthday. Charlotte is excited for me but for some reason I feel as if she's hiding something from me.

I was dressed in a simple emerald gown, a gift from Charlotte.

I was ecstatic for our neighbors the Valentin to come over. I cooked a simple dish for our company. The Valentin are a sweet family and have a son around my age. Enzo was such a charmer and he always treats me with love. He was a wolf, his fur a brown color just like his hair.

As I continued to walk around my home a pair of hands covered my eyes. I smiled and giggled as a playful yet husky voice whispered in my ear, "Guess who, amore"

Playing along I decided to pretend not to know who it was.

"Um...Antonio" I laughed so hard when Enzo turned me around with a frown upon his beautiful face.

"Why are you calling me by the name of my cousin" He continued to frown and I could have sworn he growled.

I laughed once again, " Calmati amare, I was only teasing"

He smiled and brought me close to him for a hug.

"Happy birthday my Katarina" he then kissed my forehead before pulling away and placing something on my hand.

It was in a big wooden box.

I looked at it curiously before opening the long box and was stun.

In the box contain a wooden bow with 5 arrows. I looked at him before a big grin appeared on my face as I launched myself at him.

"How did you know?" I laughed

"Love, I know you, and I know you love to secretly play with weapons. Archery simply suits you best."

"Indeed it does." I grinned.

The day continued with more fun gifts and laughter. Midnight was fast approaching and before I knew it Charlotte and the rest of our neighbors soon went out into the clearing. The moon was full tonight and I was extremely hot and bothered. Before I knew it my bones slowly began to break piece by piece until I was full size wolf. Everyone else shifted as well.

When I opened my eyes I was shocked. I was a white wolf which was extremely rare and not only that but my eyes were red and I was bigger than rest.

At that moment I knew something was different about me. I had alpha blood running through my system along with something else.

When I finally shifted back I began to scream. My head was pounding and I was extremely hungry. Something wasn't right. I felt my eyes and my face shifting. I heard everyone gasp and scream out "vampiro!"