three;

NOTE – MUST READ: to fit with the story, i had to make the 5sos boys a little older than they actually are – hence why mikey is 20 and not 19 :) this wasn't a mistake, i know their actual ages but it didn't work otherwise, there would have been too much of a gap between mikey and charlotte and the plot wouldn't work out as it went on! enjoy xx

***

Special POV: MICHAEL CLIFFORD

Tour had been fun. Not just fun but probably life-changing – like it always was. Or at least life-altering in a few different ways. I don't know. We'll leave it at indescribable. Meeting the fans, performing songs we'd worked hard on live and getting to travel the world all at the same time felt like winning a lottery. So many awesome bands went undiscovered; we could have gone undiscovered. But for some reason we hadn't. And I'm thankful. And shocked. And happy.

Still, after three months of non-stop work – as thrilling as the 'work' was – I was tired and homesick. Ready to lay low for a while and just breathe. Before I could do that though, our band 5 Seconds of Summer still had a few meetings and interviews to get through in LA. This meant I was planted in Los Angeles for another month before I could head back to my main bitch, Australia. I didn't mind. Time would fly and I'd be home in no time. We had a lot of friends in LA to keep us socially occupied anyway: Ashton's girlfriend, Olivia, and Calum's latest love interest, Veronica, being just two of them.

But we'll get to her later.

I sat in the leather plush chair, my friend and occasional hairdresser, Melissa, standing behind me. She had scissors in her hand and was giving me a quick cut. My hair had gotten a little longer than I'd wanted during the last couple weeks of tour and instead of getting the tour stylist to snip a bit off, I'd waited to see Mel. She did a good job and I liked talking to her. Ashton also got to see his girlfriend at the same time, so it made sense.

I watched her work through the mirror in front of me and let my thoughts wander back to the girl who'd been in the salon just before Ash and I had arrived. Pink hair was what I remembered the most – pale pink, kind of like Liv's now was but paler. Her skin was porcelain white. I was interested in knowing her.

Too bad she had no interest in knowing me, she'd made that quite clear.

"You're quiet," Melissa interrupted my thoughts. "What's up?"

I shrugged. "Tired, jet lagged, hungry, you know, the usual."

She smiled. "We missed you guys, we had no one to party with."

"I'm not 21, we've never partied together before," I chuckled.

I was the second oldest in our band and was still only 20. I'd turned 20 about two months earlier in November and now only had another 10 months to wait before I could party properly in America without it being illegal. Ashton was the only one in 5SOS that could drink legally here. In Australia, it was different – the drinking age was 18.

"Grow up faster then," Mel complained, placing her scissors down and patting her hands onto my shoulders. "Done."

"What do I owe you?" I asked, swinging around in the chair. Ashton and Liv sat nearby squashed onto one chair, her on his lap cuddling into him as though he might disappear any second. He looked happy and that was nice.

"Dinner," Mel said, hand on her hip.

Ashton often told me that Mel had a thing for me. I'd never been entirely sure. She was 22 and gorgeous. Every time we went somewhere with her, men would stare. I found it hard to believe that she'd be interested in some 20 year old boy. Flattering as the thought sounded, I didn't have any feelings for her in that way. I saw her only as a brother would see a sister. A hot sister. But still a sister.