twenty-seven;

Surprise, my dearests. Dedicated to @zaynxzen bc gold comments.

OLIVIA'S POV:

I was shocked. No, scratch that, I was completely bewildered. Mali Cross, sweet and kind and truthful Mali Cross, had been a liar this whole time. I'd trusted her, welcomed her into my home and into my life and into my heart. I'd called her and Melissa my best friends. I'd talked to her about Ashton, I'd given her my full and priceless trust. And I thought she'd given me hers. But you don't just go and lie to the people you trust. I want to understand why she would do that. I want to know why she didn't tell us before tour – before she could have ruined the 5SOS boys' careers by getting everyone investigated and bringing negative publicity to the band. I'm glad she told Michael. I'm angry she didn't tell me. I'm also angry that it took her this long to come clean. All of those sleepovers we'd had, all of those hangouts at Marcy's. All of those times would have been perfect to say, 'hey Liv, I'm sorry but I've been lying about my real name, I think now would be a good time to tell you the full story'. Did I get the full story? No. Because she'd decided to tell her crush rather than her best friend.

God, that sounds bitchy.

I don't mean it.

I think I'm just upset that her friendship meant more to me than mine did to her. Or maybe she was just scared. Either way, this wasn't just something small that could be brushed under the rug and forgotten about. This wasn't something I could just skim over and let go. I felt hurt and I knew she must have been so sad – so hurt, herself – to have had to leave tour. To leave all of us. We'd meant a lot to her, that was no secret. I knew that her heart would have been a broken mess when she was forced to ditch everyone. I felt awful for her. Disregarding what she'd done, nobody deserved to have to walk away from their friends and head back to a home that they'd originally run away from. But then I started to wonder why she'd run away from home and I didn't feel so sad for her anymore. We didn't know why. And I didn't trust her to tell us the truth. Not anymore.

I want her back. I want her friendship back. But I gave her a friendship, gave her a welcome, which she didn't deserve. We all did. And now Michael was heartbroken over her and we were all left to clean up the mess she'd made. Was it fair that she just got to run away again? Maybe it was time she stopped running from everything, running from life, and was forced to face up to it instead. This was reality and either she was stuck in a dream world or maybe she was just a shit friend.

Either way, I was glad she was gone. And I also wanted her back.

MELISSA'S POV:

Wow. Just wow. There were no other words I could use to describe the complete shit storm that had come out of nowhere – like a tornado that just appears and destroys everything. Mali. Our pure, angelic, golden girl Mali. Or Charlotte. Who the fuck is Charlotte? You know, I'm not pissed off that she lied to me. I'm not pissed off that she made up a new identity and I'm not mad that she'd single-handedly ruined the vibe of the tour. I mean, I hate all of that – don't get me wrong – but that's not the part that makes me mad. It's the fact that she dragged Michael through the mud and then I was left watching him mope around like a dog that had been kicked. Everyone knew I was in love with Michael. Big deal. Whatever. I was pathetic but at least I was honest. And yeah, when I realised that Michael had a thing for Mali, a thing for Charlotte, I was pissed off. I was so sad. And then I watched her with him and my heart hurt but at the same time, she was good for him. She made him smile like nothing I'd ever seen before and even I'll admit that it was nice to see him so happy – so excited about someone. I cared about him enough to realise that if he's going to be happy with someone then it was going to be her.