nineteen;

Uploading bc 700 votes, thank you!! 

Dedicated to Jas (?) for her cute #malchael ship. (;

Also, I have an ask.fm account: coriginator    -- if you have any questions. xo

It took me hours to pack; not because I had so many options to choose from (because let's face it, I had a pretty limited wardrobe) but because I just kept getting distracted. Melissa hadn't spoken to me much since we'd had that little disagreement almost three weeks back. Of course, if I went into Marcy's she'd politely greet me and make small talk but she'd been distant from me and I knew it had something to do with whatever fantasy relationship she believed I had going on with Michael. I felt like the bad guy, even though I'd done absolutely nothing wrong. I just didn't want her to hate me.

Olivia's mood swings were also starting to wear thin my tolerance - and I guess, everyone else's as well. 

I still enjoyed Mel and Liv's company and adored them as people. But things were getting rocky and I wasn't sure where my place was amidst it all.

The one thing that had remained constant throughout the last few, difficult weeks? Michael Clifford. He was becoming my safeguard, my relaxation therapy, one of my best friends. And I hated how attached I was becoming to him yet couldn't bring myself to distancing me from him. I hated that I liked the attention he paid me. I hated that I felt funny when he was around; I felt good.

I was in Olivia's spare room, stuffing my clothes into my suitcase ready for when we left LA in three days. I'd moved out of my Room 20 at the Hollowed-Inn, saying goodbye to Eddie and telling him that when I came back from my "holiday" I'd check in again. I just couldn't afford two months' worth of rent while I was away so I'd moved my few things into Olivia's until we eventually came back.

The thing I'd learned in the last couple months while knowing Mel, Liv and the 5SOS boys is that someone or at least one of them, is always leaving. Whether it's the 5SOS boys leaving, Olivia leaving Ashton, all of us leaving for tour, me leaving my family: in our group of friends, someone was always going away. And I wanted to know why life couldn't slow down and keep everyone in the same place for a while. I wanted to know how these people could deal with the leaving. And then it became obvious to me with Ash and Liv's breakup and Melissa's breakdown over Michael that these people couldn't deal with it. Would I be able to cope with it or would I become as worn out as they seemed to be? Would the leaving ruin everyone?

I was just about finished pushing all of my clothes into my suitcase when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called, zipping one half of the bag before pushing my toiletries case into the remaining open half.

"Hey, Mals," Luke said as he fell back onto the bed beside where I was packing.

I smiled at him. "What's up?"

He shrugged, eyes on the ceiling and I wondered where his usual smile was. Throughout everything that had happened lately, Luke was the positivity (paired with Michael) that kept me sane. I appreciated his energy and the comfortable feeling I had around him.

"Can I tell you something?" He wondered aloud. "But confidentially, no judgement, no bullshit?"

I stopped trying to zip up the rest of my suitcase and sat on the edge of the bed, looking down at him. He refused to meet my eyes.

"Of course," I encouraged.

He was silent for a couple seconds before sending me an embarrassed smile. "Okay, so I'm just gonna come right out and say that I think I have feelings for you, Mals."