seventeen;

Dedicated to Liv for reading/voting/commenting seconds after I update like a legend.

Special POV: OLIVIA ACKLEY

We were having a girls' night because our 5SOS boys had left and we figured we may as well miss them together and watch movies while doing so. I didn't want to talk about Ash or even think about him and I guess it was a lot easier telling myself to forget about him than it actually was to do so. Not to mention I didn't want to bring down Mel or Mali's moods either. But once you've devoted yourself to someone for so long, knowing that they're not yours anymore is a difficult thought to process and an even more difficult thought to accept.

"How are you doing with it all, Liv?" Mali had asked me as we sat down on my couch, popcorn in one big bowl ready for our night.

I shrugged, doing my best to appear nonchalant even though these were my good friends and I had no reason not to be honest with them. "I don't wanna be upset over it but I guess I am sad."

She nodded and I suppose she was expecting an answer like that. "Do you think tour will be good for you guys?"

I did and I didn't. I just wasn't sure. If we pissed each other off while on tour then that would just cement things being over for good. But on the other hand, maybe we'd get to have a real conversation for the first time in forever. Maybe things would change. Maybe things would work out. "We'll soon see. I don't think it could make things any worse, if that means anything."

"Well," Mel interjected, jumping down between us and pulling her knees up to her chin. "I think this will be good. At least you'll actually have time to talk things out and work through shit."

Mali nodded. "I'm glad you agreed to go, it would have been such a shame if he'd left and you guys hadn't gotten any kind of closure."

"Not to mention, now we all get to go on a big paid-for holiday!" Melissa cheered, raising her glass of wine and clinking it with Mali's.

I grinned and brought my glass to theirs before taking a sip. "European trip here we come."

"You should date celebrities more often," Melissa told me, hitting play on the remote and watching the opening credits to Disney's Tangled play. We'd gone with kids' movies because they were fun and upbeat. Something neither of us were really feeling.

"Dating celebrities is hard as hell," I laughed, nestling back into the cushions.

"Tell that to Mali before her and Michael start a thing," Melissa said, munching on popcorn.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Mali asked.

Whoa.

I looked at Melissa, already knowing what I'd see: jealousy, played off coolly. She'd been hooked on Michael Clifford since forever and while she'd never admitted it out loud to me, it was common knowledge that she'd been in love with him since she'd met him all those years back. It was also common knowledge that he was either oblivious to her affection or didn't feel the same. Judging by the way he was with Mali, I was starting to assume the latter. It wasn't his fault that he didn't reciprocate feelings for Mel. No one should ever have to pretend to feel something that they don't. But watching your best friend live their life single because they were into someone unattainable wasn't fun. I wanted her to find happiness. And I knew her happiness was with someone other than Mikey.

She shrugged at Mali. "Nothing, we just see how cosy you are with him, that's all."

I turned my eyes to the screen, wanting to be left out of whatever spat was about to go down. Mali was a mellow human being and I'd never seen her lose her cool so I had no idea whether she'd let this slide or not.