sixteen;

Another update bc today marks 1 month since I first started writing this. &Also dedicated to Karley who I think has recently started reading and left a bunch of great comments. x

---

I was going on tour. Me. Going on tour. I mean, I was tagging along on someone else's tour but still, I was going on tour. It sounded so weird to say – or even think – since I had no musical, comedic or athletic talents and yet there I was, prepping to hit Europe with a band that was fast becoming one of the biggest in the world. It didn't make sense and in the days leading up to 5SOS' LA departure to Australia, I constantly found myself wondering how the hell I got so lucky. Coming to LA was supposed to open doors – that was the whole idea. And it had opened so many doors in just one month that I could hardly keep up.

Olivia had been a lot happier lately – though trying hard not to show it – and I knew it was because she was about to spend the next three months with Ashton rather than alone in her apartment eating icecream and crying over their break up. They weren't back together yet – not by a long shot, but at least they weren't over for good. I guess we were all in high spirits.

The only sucky thing about the whole arrangement was that Veronica would be coming along with us and I wasn't sure how long everyone would be able to stand her mindless chatter and unnecessary commentary. Even Calum looked annoyed sometimes when she spoke. Still, I suppose it was a small price to pay for such a potentially great experience.

"Hurry up, Mel!" I shouted, banging on her bathroom door with my fist. "They're gonna be late!"

"How long does she need?" Luke complained, spinning a set of house keys around his finger.

I wandered back down the hall to where everyone was waiting and shrugged. "Beats me."

The door swung open and we could hear Melissa strutting towards us in heeled boots that probably weren't needed. "Ready!"

"You realise you're just dropping us off at the airport, right?" Calum asked, rolling his eyes and grinning.

Melissa smiled. "If there are any cute celebrities there then I want them to notice me."

Michael coughed dramatically. "You're already standing before some pretty cute celebrities, babe."

"We're going to be late," Calum reminded everyone, urging us all out of Mel's apartment and down to where two cabs were waiting to drive us all to the airport.

Mel, Liv, Veronica and I planned to see off the 5SOS boys on their week-long Australian holiday. I wasn't sure it was necessary to have such an emotional send off when they were only going for 7 days but I guess 7 days would seem like forever when you didn't have four energetic guys to keep you entertained – and on your toes.

I was squashed into a car between Luke and Michael – apparently when you're the smallest, you get shoved into the middle seat. Liv sat in the front seat next to the cab driver; she was trying to keep some distance between herself and Ashton and had been going out of her way to avoid being confined in a small space with him. I didn't blame her, I knew she was trying. I just hoped everything would work out and they'd get their happy ending.

"Mals, you could have come home with us and seen your parents," Luke told me, his hand slipping into mine as our car pulled away from the curb.

Michael's hand soon followed and we all sat cramped in the back, hands joined. I didn't have favourites within the 5SOS band but I definitely felt the most comfortable with Luke and Michael. I didn't have to try at all; everything was easy. I wasn't sure if things were meant to be this easy but I was too scared to properly question it. If I over-thought it, I might ruin it.