twenty-two;

1k votes, love you guys. Here it is.

Dedicated to Eve for reading and commenting and being so cute.

The feel of Portugal was incredible; unlike anything I'd ever experienced before in my whole life. I'd never travelled out of Australia before - my parents had never had any time for holidays and so our home country was the only thing I'd ever known. But the newness of Portugal, the opportunities and brilliance that it possessed, had me in complete and utter awe. The atmosphere sent Charlotte to the very back of my mind and I found myself enjoying dinner with my friends at the cutest restaurant possible. We laughed and talked and ate and left the place feeling full from the food and also from something I couldn't name. Even Veronica was tolerable. I felt different. I felt relaxed and without a care for anything in the world other than the present. There was nothing that could destroy this invincible feeling I had going on. I was unstoppable.

"Drinks and bed?" Calum suggested once we were all in the car on the way to the hotel that we were to be staying in.

"No drinks for me," Liv said with a shake of her head. "I don't wanna be hungover for tomorrow's touristy day."

"Me either," I agreed.

"Same," chirped Melissa.

Calum rolled his eyes and grinned. "Soft."

"You girls have fun on your tourist day," Ashton said. "We've got to be at the venue just before lunch so you'll have to sight-see solo."

"Is that how it's going to be for this whole tour?" Olivia asked. The question sounded innocent enough but the way she proposed it and the previous circumstances dictated that there was more to it than it seemed.

Ashton stared at Olivia, probably shocked that she'd voluntarily spoken to him. She'd been avoiding him ever since they'd 'split'.

"We'll get days off here and there," Ashton answered. "Tomorrow's just not one of them."

"Chill, Liv," Luke spoke up. "We don't get much of a choice."

"Besides, us four will have a cute girls day," Veronica added.

The thought of spending the day with Veronica didn't exactly appeal to me and I debated asking if I could go with the 5SOS boys instead. But I wanted to see Portugal. Wanted to feel Portugal. Some annoying bitch wasn't going to stop me from doing that, I wouldn't let her. I was going to enjoy every second I spent on this trip.

Beginning with the hotel.

Of course, we were all to be staying in the most luxurious four-bedroom suite that I'd ever seen. The floors were white carpet and white tiles, the walls were white as well while the kitchen and bedrooms had a black and white theme to them also. It was clean, crisp and modern and reminded me of Olivia's apartment back in LA. The rooms all smelled of some kind of air perfume and I missed the stale taste that accompanied my home in Room 20. Still, this was more than I deserved considering I was free-loading.

I avoided sharing a room with Veronica, thank god, and got to share with Melissa instead. Our room was big and, of course, white and had two double beds with bleached linen and towels pressed up against the wall below hanging lamps. Outside our window we could see nothing but pure beauty. The old buildings of this iconic place were lit with dim house bulbs shining out from small windows and the sky was a mess of stars that accompanied a cold breeze - which could be felt if you opened the window properly.

We left the curtains open, the view too nice to simply block off, and got changed into pajamas from our suitcases that were lugged up by the 5SOS management crew. I'd packed a massive white t-shirt and grey track pants, hoping that it would be enough to keep me warm.