eleven;

dedicated to zoe for all her support xo

Four days passed and on the Wednesday before Olivia had planned to take Ashton away, we all met up at the 5SOS apartment. Melissa had given me a lift in her old hatchback and I was grateful that I hadn't had to take yet another cab. I wasn't a fan of the LA cabbies; many, but not all, of them seemed a little creepy. That might have just been my paranoia.

The plan for the night was to eat pizza at the apartment and then head to the pier. The past week or so had been busy for everyone and they all wanted to go and exist for a while. I, of course, was absolutely thrilled.

Also, tonight was the night the Liv was going to surprise Ashton. She was excited and I was glad that she'd taken the step to do something for Ash and herself. I'd miss her over the weekend though; I'd grown a lot closer to Liv than I had Mel and I guess that was just because I saw Olivia more than I ever saw Melissa. Still, I adored them both; they'd both made me feel completely at home since I'd come to LA.

"I'm starving," Melissa called as we both entered through the front door.

I could already hear laughing coming from the lounge room and that made me smile.

"Hello starving, I'm Luke." Arms were around Melissa before she could say anything else and she was lifted off the ground and carried down the hall.

A whole bunch of screams and 'put-me-downs' left her mouth. Luke, and admittedly I, just laughed. She was being dramatic even though we all knew she loved the attention.

He dumped her on the couch beside Calum who was also laughing.

"Hey, long time no see," Ashton asserted, coming down the hall and wrapping me in a hug.

I grinned. "It's been ages, how've you guys been?"

He pulled away and led me to the couch with an arm around my shoulders. I sat beside Mel while Ash wandered back to the kitchen. "We've been good, really busy though."

"We're swamped with meetings and shit," Calum agreed. "Only a week left of them though."

They then leapt into a heap of questions about my new hair colour; I told them Olivia had done it and Ashton said he'd known it would have been her and that he was proud.

"Yoo-hoo!" A female voice shrilled. I didn't recognise it at all and knew for sure that it wasn't Olivia.

I watched as a real-life Barbie doll walked down the hall. She was wearing stilettos, a tight black skirt and a cropped white tank that showed way too much skin and boob. Don't get me wrong, she had a really nice, toned body and I could understand why she was confident enough to wear something like that. But she seemed way, way, way too overdressed for being in the 5SOS boys' apartment. Ashton was only wearing trackpants and a grey singlet and here she was dressed ready for a night out clubbing. Not to mention her hair was the most bleached shade of blonde I'd ever seen and probably ever would see, and she wore more make up than she probably needed to.

"Hey, Veronica," Ashton greeted and I wasn't sure if I was the only one picking up on the forced enthusiasm in his voice.

Still, he smiled at her and hugged her when she went in for it.

Calum stood and walked towards her, smile on his face. "Better late than never, Ron."

She laughed and the sound was high pitched and scratchy. "My nails weren't quite dry, what was I supposed to do?"

Melissa murmured something under her breath and I turned to see the look of distaste on her face.

"Your hair's different," a more familiar voice said.