Seven: Speedy's Trigger Finger

Waking up next to Jay had been a fantasy of mine for the past two years, but actually doing it felt so normal and comfortable that it almost brought tears to my eyes

Waking up next to Jay had been a fantasy of mine for the past two years, but actually doing it felt so normal and comfortable that it almost brought tears to my eyes. In my heart, I belonged in his arms but in my head I belonged in London, away from all of this, writing my next book-

"Shit," I whispered.

Writing. My next book.

I had to get in touch with my agent to tell her that I was in Nottingham and not writing. She'd probably left me a tonne of messages already because I hadn't been in contact with her for three days. I unwrapped Jay's arms from around my waist and crawled from the bed, seeing that it was 7:30AM. We'd slept for fourteen hours straight. We must have been as exhausted as each other.

I crept across the room and into the walk-in wardrobe to see what clothes I could salvage from the expensive suits and shirts hanging up. I managed to find a plain black t-shirt and some gym shorts. After grabbing a pair of boxers as well, I quickly changed and tied my hair up before making my way back into the bedroom.

"G'morning, Princess." Jay's rough morning voice filled the silent room. He was laid on the bed facing me with his head propped up on his hand.

"Jesus, you scared me." I let out a small chuckle.

"You look good in my clothes," he mumbled and I felt a blush creeping across my cheeks, so I quickly left the room without meeting his eyes  and made my way downstairs to Jay's office.

Once I'd logged onto his computer, I brought up Skype and logged myself in before calling my agent. A few seconds later she came into view in her home office in Kensington. I would never get used to how amazing and modern her apartment was, with an incredible view of the City to compliment it.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

I cringed and ran a hand through my hair as she babbled on about our relationship as writer and agent, and how she needed to be able to trust me to report back to her about my writing progress.

"Janice, please," I interrupted, finally silencing her.

"Where are you? Who's place is that?"

I looked at the box that showed the view of me and realised that all she could see was the big window behind me with the view of the huge garden.

"I'm back in Nottingham. Some family stuff came up and I-"

"Family?" She asked in disbelief. "You told me you didn't have any family left."

I sucked in a breath and looked away for a moment, trying to figure out a way to play this out without actually telling the truth.

"Not family as in relatives. Family like... Friends that you can't live without," I managed and she raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow at me.