Thirty: The Main Event Pt.III

**CHAPTER SONG: Woodkid - Run Boy Run (Instrumental)**

As soon as the bullet hit Jay's chest and he slumped back into his chair, a red patch bleeding across his shirt where his heart was, I felt an elastic band snap inside my head and suddenly I was free of my invisible restraints

"No." I whispered, looking at his still form and tucking the gun back into my leggings. "NO!" I screamed, about to step forward and try to save him, to do anything at all but arms grabbed me from behind and pulled me back.

"He's dead Princess." Speedy's voice said gruffly as he pulled me backwards.

"NO! YOU BASTARD! HOW COULD YOU?!" I wailed as he dragged me through the door, away from Jay's lifeless body.

"Shut up Princess we need to get you out of here."

"GET OFF OF ME-" He slammed his hand over my mouth and dragged me into one of the sitting rooms along that corridor, shutting the door behind us and throwing me onto the sofa.

"Jess, listen to me-"

"You fucking bastard, I just killed the love of my life and you expect me to-" The sound of smashing glass filled the house along with shouting and gunshots.

"They're here. Shit. Get to the training warehouse and gear up, okay? I'm gonna-"

"What the hell are you on about?! You're suddenly trying to help me?! After you made me KILL THE MAN WHO WANTED TO MARRY ME?!" I stood up and went to throw a punch but pain shot through me thigh and I stumbled, giving Speedy time to step back.

"You have no reason to trust me right now and I know that but you have to know that I never betrayed The Alliance, Jay knew the entire time that I was in deep cover and have been for years now. I had to gain Straine's trust and work my way into The Zemsta but I've always been part of-"

"Shut the fuck up right now. You expect me to trust you after you just made me kill Jay? Seriously-"

"Just forget that for a second okay? Get to the warehouse and get some weapons. We both know that you're more than capable of protecting yourself even if you've got a fucking bullet hole in your leg. Now go before they find you."

"Seriously?! You-"

"GO!" He shouted and opened the door, looking down the corridor as more gunshots went off. He drew his gun and left, giving me no option but to draw mine and leave too, tears tumbling down my cheeks at the thought of Jay being dead. I'd killed him. It had been so easy. I'd shot him straight through the heart and now he was just sat dead in his office.

Just as I was about to go back into the office to see his body, I heard shouting from down the corridor I was on and knew that the only chance I had to get out of here was if I got to the training warehouse and got myself some weapons. I sprinted along the corridor to the window at the end trying to ignore the pain in my leg and opened it swiftly just as I saw men enter the corridor and see me. Seeing their all black clothes and semi-automatic rifles told me straight away that they were from The Zemsta so I lifted my 9mm and shot all four of them straight between the eyes. As they fell to the ground I realised that I was a hugely different person now. I was no longer fuelled by an inability to feel emotion or a need to prove myself. I was fuelled by the need for hard, cold revenge.