Twenty-Seven: Too Badass For You

**CHAPTER SONG: Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman**

I fell to my knees as the bullet left a hole in my thigh but didn't give Jay the satisfaction of hearing me scream as I pressed a hand to the wound, trying to keep bleeding to a minimum.

"What the fuck?!" I shouted at him, lifting my head to see him standing closer to me, looking down at my angry expression.

"This is what happens to people who disrespect me!" He called out and I instantly knew that this was his payback for beating him in our little showdown earlier. He was making an example of me in the hope that I would submit to him, even though he knew I was more than capable of taking him down.

"Are you kidding? Seriously?!" I looked down to my thigh and saw my dark jeans slowly soaking up the blood and had to press my other hand to the wound as well in order to try and minimise the blood loss. Jay bent down in front of me so that he was almost my height and gave me a sickly grin before haphazardly gesturing around my face with his hand that held the gun.

"Don't take me on again Jess. You work for me now so you'll fucking act like it and if you don't like it, then you can get out."

I was about to give him a sarcastic comeback but suddenly my vision began to swim and blur. Oh crap, I needed to fix my leg otherwise I'd pass out and something told me that Jay really wasn't bothered right now.

"I need to fix up my leg." I said through gritted teeth and scrunched my eyes shut as I swayed a little. Jay was silent for a moment so I opened my eyes to see concern flashing through his before he closed himself off again.

"Get out of my sight." He hissed, loud enough for everyone to hear, so that's exactly what I did.

Once I made it up to my room after nearly passing out on the stairs in front of everyone, I limped into the ensuite and fell to the floor, pulling open the cupboard under the sink and grabbing the extensive first aid kit that Jay kept under there. I swiftly pulled out the scissors and cut open my jeans so that I had clean access to the wound before furiously looking for antiseptic, only to come up short.

"Bastard." I winced as my vision darkened slightly but I stood up anyway and hobbled over to one of the bedside cabinets that would have been Jay's if he'd been sleeping in here. I opened the cupboard and smiled at the bottle of vodka that I knew he kept under there for 'emergencies'. I stumbled back into the bathroom and fell onto the floor, furiously opening the bottle and taking a swig before slowly pouring some onto the bullet wound on my thigh.

"FUCK." I managed as the burning sensation completely took over my leg. "Jesus Christ." I winced, closing my eyes and taking deep breaths at the sensation, more painful than the wound was in the first place. Once it had died down slightly, I began grabbing pressure bandages and medical wraps from the medical  kit, only to become overcome with dizziness and fall on my back, staring up at the ceiling with black spots in my vision.