Thirty-One: Freedom

**CHAPTER SONG: Beyonce - Daddy Lessons**

The only word that I could manage to get out of my mouth was, "fuck

The only word that I could manage to get out of my mouth was, "fuck."

"Surprise Princess, or should I say Queen?"

"You fucking bastard." I breathed, not sure how to react to the fact that I hadn't killed him... How the hell had he survived that? He was dead, he had to be dead.

"Looks like you're incompetent at your job after all." Kaspar gasped underneath my tightening grip on his neck which took my attention once again.

"I'll deal with you later." I growled at him and nodded at Speedy and Bones to come over. "Get him in the cellar and get a doctor to stitch him up, we're far from done." They both walked over and I stood up, looking back to Jay again.

"What now?" I asked him and he simply smiled, shaking his head.

"Seems to me that you're in charge now, it's your call." His response took me off guard and I shook my head, looking over to the remaining gang members who had been in the house, still tied up on the floor.

"You're alive, you're still the Boss."

"I think everyone in this room knows that you're made for this Princess. So do it with me. Be my Queen." He walked over to me as Kaspar was dragged away, leaving the two of us and the guys on the floor in the entrance hall. Jay's hands held my face to look up at him and I couldn't stop taking in all of his features, his living, breathing features.

"Be my wife." He murmured, so only I could hear him. I gasped and had to take a second to think about what he'd just said. He really wanted me to marry him, it wasn't just something he said when he knew I was going to shoot him. But I hadn't shot him... Had I?

"I'll answer your question once you've answered all of mine sweet cheeks." I smirked and kissed the corner of his mouth before turning away towards the men tied up on the floor. "Come on Boss we've got work to do, this place has been shot to shit."

Hours later as the sun rose up, myself, Jay, Charlie, James, Speedy and Bones all sat in Jay's office after trying to tidy what was left of the shot up house and tending to everyone's wounds. It seems that The Zemsta had come through and wanted to destroy the house without an ounce of mercy. Jay was sat behind his desk and the other four men were stood behind me as I stood in front of the desk, arms crossed and looking down at Jay.

"Now's your chance to explain what the hell went on today baby." I finally said and he laughed slightly.

"Are these your men now? I feel like I've been pushed out."

"Didn't you hear? The Queen is the most important piece in a game of chess. The guys are just being smart." Jay smirked at me and gave me a look that he normally saved for the bedroom.