Fourteen: Aren't You A Well-Trained Bitch?

**CHAPTER SONG: Eminem - Cinderella Man**

It felt like I had been laid on the kitchen floor for days, sobbing to myself, but when I looked at the clock on the wall I realised that it was only just after 10PM, so I'd only been there two hours. I was glad that no one had come in and disturbed me because the chances were, I would have eaten them alive.

I dragged myself up and cracked some of my joints before heading towards the kitchen door. I pulled it open and looked down to see a vase filled with long-stemmed daisies; there must have been at least fifty of them, almost spilling out of the vase. Where on Earth did he get those at this hour?

I picked up the vase and noticed a small card tucked into the mass of white, so placed the vase carefully onto a side table in the hall and then proceeded to read it.

Sorry for a shitty birthday, I promise I'll make it up to you Princess. All my love, J x

Did he think that some flowers were going to make up for the fact that he stalked me, invaded my privacy, risked my life and then lied to me about it? He needed to think again if that was the case.

I decided to leave the flowers and the note on the side table then walked away from the kitchen, up to my room where I could lose myself in the oblivion of sleep and try to forget about the horrific day I'd had.

I woke up to a smashing sound and sat up in my bed instantly, spying the clock and seeing that it was just after 10AM. My senses were on overdrive as I tried to figure out whether I had heard the smash or if I'd imagined it, but a second smash and some shouting soon had me out of my bed and dressed in seconds, silently opening my door.

I left it open as I crept down the hallway, towards where the shouting was coming from in the main entrance hallway. As I approached the bannister that overlooked the main entrance, I saw Bones holding a gun up at someone beneath me that I couldn't see.

"Boss is on his way now and he's gonna be way more than mad that you're here." He threatened.

"You petty little boy, calling him Boss, as if he's better than you. Newsflash, he's just as weak and useless as you are my friend, so why don't you quit whilst you're ahead and join me? I could use a geeky little chap like yourself on the winning side." A strangely familiar voice replied and I felt a chill run down my spine. Oh no.

"Over my dead body." Bones hissed back and saw me, making eye contact for a split second before looking back to the intruder, but he'd caught on to the exchange.

"Now, now, who do we have here?" Bones eyes went wide and he kept his gun trained on the intruder who walked from underneath me and looked up at me.

"Kaspar Straine." I whispered, my voice faltering slightly as I tried to grasp the fact that he was in the house... And not dead. Where was everyone else? Where was Jay?