The Backstage K...

It was an oxymoron. The event occurred in slow motion yet all at once. The fall; suddenly buffered by two strong arms. Nolan has stopped me from hurting myself once again. I turned my head around to see that his was close to mine. Too close. I could hear his breathing.

I was cradled in his arms. Gently putting me down, we never stopped to make eye contact. The true shade of blue that were Nolan's eyes were evident as I gazed into the sky blue iris's that resembled immaculate pools of water. If I thought that my heartbeat had ever been fast in my life I had been kidding myself. The heartbeats made it feel like my heart was trying to break out of my rib cage.

Then Nolan leaned in, brown hair falling onto his forehead. His lips gently touched mine. They were warm and his breath smelled like spearmint. My first kiss. As our lips separated my eyelids fluttered open. The stage. Backstage. What a beautiful place to have your first true kiss as an actress. Additionally, what a relief to know that it want a stage kiss either.

"I... I think we've got everything on the list now. The cart is full so I guess we'll just leave it here... Umm... Bye, Nolan."

"Wait, Juliette! So are we... How do you even say this?"

"Boyfriend and girlfriend," I said with a demure smile and left.

---

"Da feels!" Germaine yelled.

"Oh my gosh. Please quiet down. You're drawing attention!"

"Which I know you hate because because that's why you're an actress. Actresses hate attention. Going on stage diverts attention from them."

"Okay stop being sarcastic, Germaine."

"Alright, alright. I'll try to act normal about the fact that my freshman classmate is dating my senior director.  How are the other directors going to handle this? I mean the others in the cast somewhat suspected this."

"Okay you're making me worry more than I was. What do you mean what will other people think? What do you mean others already knew?"

"Well you were walking in with him everyday to rehearsal. The directors probably thought it too impossible to believe."

"Stop insulting me, Germaine! Pfft...impossible... And trust me. I wouldn't lie to you. We only kissed that one time yesterday. And. It. Was. My. First. Kiss."

"Okay, okay. I'm writing it in my diary now. My best friend had her first kiss two years after mine."

"Hey, to change the subject, I heard we have a workshop today in class."

"Oh, yeah. Let's get ready and go."

---

Germaine and I could've been paired with Nolan or Tessa, but she wanted to be friendlier with the musical's assistant director. Germaine also advised me not to be in groups where Nolan was the director to refrain from awkward situations.

"You know how a kid is never put in their parents class so it's not weird or a kid doesn't go to a school where their parent is the principal so there's no favoritism? You've got to conduct life like that now." 

She seemed to be an expert at these kinds of things as she was on her third boyfriend at the Academy. Boyfriends to her were like orders of fries.

"So that's why you're never in a group with Simon, Jacob, or Mark?" I asked jokingly.

"It's different when you're both students!"

"Okay everyone!" Nolan hopped on the small auditorium's stage and brought everyone to attention.

I involuntarily smiled a broad, toothy grin at the sight of him and could've sworn I blushed when he sent nonchalant wink my way.

"Today we will be exploring how to act different ages in theater. The de manor in which one has to be in, the different age's specifications, and have some fun along the way," Nolan said with a smile.

"Okay so Nolan is an exceptionally good mood," Germaine said surprised.

Everyone around me looked at each other in awe, including the directors.

"Group up! Let's get started."

After grouping up with Germaine, Kasi, and a few others, we started with the workshop.

"So first, you guys, I want to get to know how you feel about getting old," Kasi said.

"Well, could I start, Kasi?" Germaine began by asking, "I don't want to have to look in the mirror and just see an old and ugly person. No matter what creams you use, by the way I don't believe in plastic surgery, you can't reverse the wrinkles and the fine lines!"

"Thank you for that startling input, Germaine. Anyone else willing to share their thoughts?"

"Umm. Could I speak?" I asked, "I think getting old scares me because you can't turn back the clock. All the precious memories you've left behind, all the moment and seconds and minutes and hours and days, you can't go back to them. You can't ever get them back."

"Okay so those two were depressing," Kasi said as the group laughed out loud, "Anyone with happier ideas?"

---

"Hey there," Nolan said with a wink, "I just wanted to let you know that you can drive with me tonight to the Small Town streets as it is the Friday night we planned on going. And, if you want of course, we could go just by ourselves in the car...?"

It was the end of class which meant we could finally talk, not just make eye contact.

"Sure. As long as the other cars fit the rest of the cast that's a great idea," I replied.

A/N: That's it. That's the kiss everyone. Delivered to you at 1k reads and 200 votes. I thank you readers so much. I never thought I'd get here and it's all because of you guys. I feel just one more step closer to reaching my goals. If you liked this chapter full of fun please vote and leave a comment.