Bonus Chapter: Valentines Day

A/N: Just saying it's going to be long so I hope you enjoy the ride. A really long one... Adel will develop as a character in this chapter. Again, I'm not making her story into a sequel so her ending will be included. 

ADEL'S POV

My father's death from a stress induced heart attack, my mother's disappearance to some French island, Nolan's movie directing career and Juliette's screenwriting never failed to make a babysitting job in my old house possible. Don't get me wrong, I loved taking care of little Hart and Sade. My twin niece and nephew were the apples of my eye. Yet, after four years of going to a renowned design school close to home, I yearned for independency. All I wanted was to pay for my apartment's rent, my clothes, and my food with my own money, not that of my inheritance. That number in my bank account was not earned by me.

That's when all the wedding invitations of my friends started trickling in. The ones I had picked for them of course. My opinion on what was hot and what was not was always valued by my friends. This went for the bride's dress, the choice of centerpiece, the color scheme, etc. Thus, a brilliant idea sparked in the mind of my genius sister-in-law. She suggested that I should enter the wedding planning industry. I had proven to be successful in the field as I had pleased my friends. I had an education under my belt, as well. If I became famous enough in Beverly Hills, then they could even produce a show for me.

I thought all the weddings I would plan would be a piece of cake and a masterpiece in themselves. That is, until Juliette sent her close finds my way for her wedding. I was direly mistaken. Maddison was a task in herself let alone trying to ascertain her preferences. Upon researching what a guy likes in a girl, high up there on the list is decisiveness. I don't know how Maddison landed that architect with her level of indecisiveness.

Silver or gold. Roses or lilies. Summer or fall. Park or banquet hall. These questions never seemed to be answered. On the sand or the pier. Winter or spring. Cherry blossoms or carnations. Pink or burgundy. I really wish she'd just choose.

And that Mr. Voclain really got on my nerves. I wondered why the bride Maddison's younger brother was always tagging along. Ethan Voclain was the malpractice lawyer everyone sought after and he had only started his firm five years ago. His older brother lived back in Juliette's hometown, a renowned doctor. I knew all this thanks to talkative Maddison Voclain soon to be Maurer. Nevertheless, at least he was a welcome addition since he helped with the decision making.

We sat at the cafe on the boardwalk overlooking the lapping cerulean waves of the ocean.

"Maddison, your wedding is in exactly twelve days so I want to go over and double check all the things I've organized so I can receive your confirmation," I said to Mr. Voclain and Maddison across the table.

Mr. Maurer always succeeded in finding a believable excuse for not showing up.

"Oh I'm so excited!" she exclaimed making air claps.

"Maturity level: that of Hart and Sade," I judged her in my mind even though she had to be at least three years older than me.

"Let's just get this over with please. I have to be in a conference with a client in an hour," Mr. Voclain said in his ever so annoying tone.

"Don't worry. I won't be holding you up as I rather not be here myself," I whispered so that only he can hear and not Maddison who was giving her order to the waitress.

In the back of my mind was the invitation I had received by electronical means inviting me to Hart and Sade's second birthday tonight. I could't wait to squish the two in a bear hug and scruff their dark, tousled hair. I really hoped they would like the matching navy, velvet blazer and dress I had purchased them. It was a meticulous search for outfits that would bring out their eyes. Were you to put the childhood picture of my brother Nolan next to a picture of Hart you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. My personal princess Sade had her mother's eyes the color of chocolate.