Chapter 7

Mason's P.O.V.

Ben just smiles as he wakes the rest of the group up. Jewel gets up and walks into the forest. I follow her. As I catch up with her, I grab her hand. I see her smile as she walks in deeper then stops.

"Okay. What's up Castellan? You never walk away from a group like that." I say

"I don't know if I can do it Grace. 6 demigods." She covers her mouth and looks away "I mean protect all of us. You saw how rusty I am with that cyclops."

"Yes. But you have me and Ben. You should be good. You are a wonderful leader. Don't go talking yourself down. Luke never did that when he had to protect Thalia and Annabeth." I say

"Yeah. But he only had to protect three. Not six." She says "Him and his group didn't have that strong of a scent. They had a strong one because of Thalia being daughter of Zeus. But we have a stronger one. One child of each of the Big Three. Now that is dangerous."

"Hey, but we will all help protect each other. You don't have to put that duty on yourself." I say and lift her chin up

"But I do. I can't have any of you guys dead. It doesn't matter if I die. Nobody at camp wants me." She says and looks me in the eyes "They hate me. But I am also tired of everybody blaming me for Luke's betrayal. And they said I will do it too."

"How do you think Ben feels?" I ask

"He doesn't have to deal with it. His sister was best friends with Clarisse, and she protects him from anything like that." She says "Which I got Annabeth and Percy. But everybody still talks about my brother bay around me. And I have already sent gods knows how many campers to the infirmary, just because of them talking like that about my brother."