Nights of Dreamless Sleep

Pan's POV

The Savior followed her boy, as I expected. She and her group of goodie-goodies wandered aimlessly around the island, trying their hardest to skirt the jungle. It was amusing watching Hook try to help when nobody truly trusted him. The group was more dysfunctional than they had been even back in Storybrooke. My chance for first (known) contact with the Savior was coming soon, I just needed to wait.

Between dealing with Henry and keeping an eye on his rescuers, I didn't allow myself time to think about Lily. That was the whole point. There were millions of simpler ways to get what I wanted, including just killing them all, but simpler ways meant more time to wallow in my own misery. That wasn't good for anyone, least of all myself and the boys.

I watched the Savior sleep, contemplating all this and more when I should have been thinking about the next move I made. Luckily, I already had it all planned out and memorized, just for this purpose. The Savior should be waking up in three, two, one--

She jolted and got up, grabbing her machete. I rolled my eyes. Like that would be effective against me.

"Guys," she whispered. "Wake up!" When no one did (courtesy of yours truly), she walked around the campsite like a cat, poised for danger.

I knew what she was hearing; it haunted me every night before I went to sleep. The cries of twenty something teenage boys can be hard to ignore. "You hear that too?" I asked. She stumbled and turned, holding her blade clumsily at me. I wanted to laugh, it was so ridiculous.

"You're Emma, right?" I asked as if I didn't know the name of the woman who'd utterly broken Rosalie. I gestured toward her little group. "I wonder why they can't hear the crying."

"Who are you?" she demanded.

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, did I forget to introduce myself? I'm Peter. Peter Pan." I clarified in case she was as moronic and oblivious as she had been when I'd known her as Pietro.

She had a knife to my throat in less than a second-- still plenty of time for me to have dodged, had this not been in the plan from the start. She really needs to learn how to use that before she goes swinging it all over. She could hurt herself, I thought with a grin.

"Where's Henry?"

"You've got fire." I snickered. "I like fire."

Damn. Now I'm thinking about why I said that. It wasn't in the plan to refer to Lily, you moron! Okay, think about it later. Don't think about her right now, you can't afford to. Get your head back in the damn game.

I let her think that my heavier breathing was from the stress of having a knife at my throat rather than the pain of thinking about the girl I loved. there was no reason she had to know.

"Where is my son?" she asked angrily.

"Henry's still alive, if that's what you're worried about," I told her.

Her eyes were shining angrily-- a lot like Lily's when she was scared. Stop that, dammit. "Why the hell did you take him?"

"He's a very special boy, Emma," I said condescendingly. I was going off autopilot, spouting memorized lines while I wrestled my more Pietro/lovesick side back behind its wall.

"I know. That doesn't answer my question. What do you want with him?" She was getting braver. That wasn't good.

I inhaled, winning the battle against myself for the moment. "I came to see who I was up against. The Savior. Gotta say, I'm not disappointed."