A Functional Almost-Family

WARNING: MAJOR POV HOPPING, BUT IT ALL MAKES SENSE. I THINK.

Pan's POV

Lily was going to pay for making a fool of me. Very few had ever done so before, and none of those who had had survived the impending force of nature that crashed down on them with all the rage Peter Pan had to offer.

Logically, I knew that it was Rosalie that had played me, that Lily and that other persona, Uriel, were entirely innocent, but Rosalie (any lingering affection I'd had for the girl was gone now, reduced to even less than the ashes she'd once cleaned out of the firepit-- calling her Rosie was no longer an option) was a devil in herself. Rosalie was a terror, a she-devil, and one who'd wronged Neverland's god.

And I was a very, very unforgiving god. 

I snickered a little bit at my own thoughts and the "heroes'" actions. Someone was being naughty, enlisting a mermaid to leave Neverland. Felix was worried, but I laughed it off. 

All we had to do was call John and Michael and let them know to watch out for wild red haired mermaids trying to go anywhere near the Dark One's... lover. There was nothing to worry about.

Lily's POV

There was a way to leave Neverland without the magic beans? I knew mermaids could move through dimensions, but it had ever occurred to me to use them. Now that I thought about it, it was almost obvious, as long as I could convince one to help me. The only complication was that Felix couldn't just disappear out of the blue or Pan would know something was up. Hm... What to do...? 

Sammy.

He'd always been a tiny bit more loyal to me-- Lily-me, not Felix-me --than to Pan. At one point, he'd brought up the reason. He'd had an older sister at home, he said, and she'd been killed, so having me around was like she'd never died at all. 

"Sammy, come talk to me a second," I said, trying my best to act like normal, pre-"Lily's death" Felix. He looked around warily, but followed me nonetheless. I led him to the dark forest, knowing that Pan was too engrossed in Team Henry's actions to be monitoring me. 

"What's going on, Felix?" He sounded a little terrified, and that was it. I'd reached my limit on the amount of pain I could reasonably deal with: I'd lost Felix, I'd made Pan hate me, I dealt with Pietro and Rosalie and Uriel, and I'd pushed my brothers to the point where they were actually afraid of me. I was so, entirely, 100% done. 

I cast a tiny, undetectable protection spell around us so Pan wouldn't be able to hear us. Sammy looked at me with doe eyes. Actually, more like deer-in-headlights eyes. "Felix, why are you doing magic? I didn't even know you could do magic! Does Pan know? Do any of the boys know? When did--"

"Sammy." He was quiet. "I need to know before I say anything. Can you keep a secret?"

He looked at me warily. "You want me to keep your magic a secret? From the boys? Or Pan? I mean, I'll do it, but like, what's going on, like--"

I snickered bitterly and he shut up, terrified that the nice-Felix mask had slipped. I held the six-leaf clover pendant out from my chest a little ways. "Sammy, do you know what this is?" He shook his head. "It's a charm that Felix gave me."

"But... You're Fel--"

"I wasn't finished." I felt terrible about scaring him this way, but Sammy had a bad habit of rambling when he was nervous. "Felix gave me this so that he wouldn't be missed, and so that I could disappear for a little while."