Unlimited Time Together

Pan's POV

I was reeling from an onslaught of emotion. For someone who never felt emotions to begin with, I sure was doing a good job of accounting for them all.

Anger- How had Felix failed me? He'd never failed a search-and-possibly-rescue mission before.

Dispair- If Felix had failed, Lily really didn't want to be found.

Frustration- There was nothing I could really do, if she didn't want to be found. Contrary to popular belief, if one took proper precautions even I couldn't find them on Neverland. That was the beauty of the place.

Powerlessness- Why didn't she want to be found? What had I done wrong?

And, dare I say it: heartache. It was embarrassing how much I missed Lily, and how much I needed to know where she was. Of course, the Savior had picked now, of all the times, to figure out the map. She was the queen of terrible timing. And, of course, I had to make an appearance. I was beginning to hate my life.

I transported from my room to the dark forest. The Savior was there, picking berries of all things. I gave myself a second to get a handle on everything and put my trademark smirk back on my face.

"Don't eat the blue ones," I said quietly. She turned quickly, on her guard. Honestly, hadn't these hero types figured it out yet? I wasn't one of the violent ones. Being tense and wary around me made them more susceptible to manipulation. Morons. "Congratulations, you did it... orphan. You don't mind if I call you a lost girl, do you?" Ow, ow, ow, painful memories are apparently literally painful. Don't do that anymore.

"Call me what you like, it won't stop me from finding Henry," she snapped.

I laughed a little. Of course that was what she was fixated on. "Oh, I'm counting on that. There's a reason I tested you."

"Really?" Her cynicism was getting irritating.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "You haven't forgiven your parents for abandoning you. Dont deny it," I said when she got defensive. "You haven't. That's good. Really good. 'Cus when you find Henry, you'll understand him."

Her eyes widened by a fraction of a centimeter. "What's that supposed to mean?"

You moronic woman. "He hasn't forgiven you either. By the time you get to him, he'll never want to leave this island."

"We'll see." She picked up her berries and started to walk away from me. Oh no, lass. You picked the wrong time to mess with me and act like you can get away with it.

"And as for you, Emma? When we're finished, you won't just feel like an orphan. You'll be one," I snapped before transporting.

I wished I could have said more, but if I stayed there a second longer, I would have killed her or done something else to ruin the game. I flopped heavily on my bed with a frustrated groan.

A quiet snicker alerted me to someone else's presence. I stood and looked over to see a pair of striking blue eyes and jet black hair. Lily.

"Hi," she said with a grin. "I hear you're looking for me."

*~*~*

Lily.

I reached out to touch her hand, to make sure she was really there. She caught my fingers and brought them up to her face. "Yeah, it's really me. I promise."