Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

                "Is this really happening?" Niall asked for the hundreth time, and Liam just patiently responded "Yes, it is. Our song is going to be on the radio." We were standing outside of some kind of radio station, and we were all just looking around at each other. It was surreal. We actually had a single coming out. We had a song coming out. We had a chance.

              "One Direction? Right this way." A security guard, who I think's name was Paul, lead us inside He lead us to a couple seats in front of microphones, and I quickly took the seat between Niall and Harry. I glanced over at them, smiling. "This is it." He said, as the radio host began speaking.

             "Today with us we have One Direction, a boy band which was oddly formed on the singing competition show the X-Factor. The boys auditioned as solo artists but were put together and came in third. Boys, introduce yourselves." I instantly spoke up first, being the leader of the group. "I'm Louis. I'm the oldest."

           After I said that, all of the other boys went, leaving Harry last. "And I'm Harry. The youngest." I pinched his cheeks. "Oh, Harry!" The interviewer laughed, giving me a surge of confidence. "Harry's just a baby. But he has a thing for older women." He had confessed how he thought Caroline Flack was hot. He had also secretly told Louis that he thought Niall's grandmother was hot, but Louis wasn't going to share that secret with anyone.

            "Well, well, well. He's just the charming lad of the group then." The interviewer asked us questions, and I think we were all numb. We answered, calm, but I was sure that later all 5 of us would scream that we were actually on the radio. "So, Louis, I have some questions from fans. The first is for you. Why do you like girls who like carrots?"

              My face fell a bit, but I quickly laughed. "Carrots are just delicious! Next question." I then whispered to Harry "The Queen loves carrots." The both of us snickered, the other boys just rolling their eyes. They were used to us jokign around, having a lot of jokes that they didn't understand. Most of the time it was more like Louis and Harry, and Liam, Zayn, and Niall. Te other boys didn't complain, though Niall did sometimes seem a bit jealous.

             "And Liam, you have a fear of....Spoons?" The interviewer looked at Liam like he was an idiot for that, so I quickly spoke up and defended him. "Everyone has a dumb little fear. Like how Harry is afraid of rollercoasters and heights and red jeans!" Harry groaned, covering his face. "Now you've embarassed the boy" Liam said, but was tyring his hardest not to laugh.

            Harry and I started bickering, only stopping a few moments later when the interviewer stopped us. "Not to intrude on your bromance or anything, but now it's time to hear their first single. What Makes You Beautiful, by One Direction everybody." I was confused. What's a bromance? Before I could get too deep in thought, I heard the catchy beginning of the song.

                 During Liam's part, we all sat there in shock, but by the time Zayn's little rap came on we were all singing and dancing around like idiots. Even the radio host was tapping his foot. It ended, but we all continued singing, and the host had to yell "You're live boys!" We laughed, sitting down and Liam gave us all a glare to behave. He was serious sometimes, but we all knew he loved breaking rules. We also knew how seriously he took this music career.

               "Let's hear from some fans. BBC Radio here with One Direction. " There was some ruffling, then a girl screamed. "The song is so catchy! I'm Amanda from Cheshire and I just......GAH!" The interviewer laughed nervously, thanking her and playing another song. "So boys. You ready for all the screaming girls?"