Chapter 8

Chapter 8

                     "Oh, hey Lou. Where's Harry?" Liam asked as I rushed into his flat, shutting the door behind me before slipping off my shoes. "He.....He's at home." Liam looked up from whatever action movie he was watching, looking at me as if I was lying. "You never go anywhere without each other...." I glared. "Now we do."

                        He stood up, walking over to me and gently grabbing my forearm. He led me to his kitchen, and started making me tea. He didn't have the kind Harry always bought me, but it was nice of him to make me anything at all. "Thank you..Thank you Liam." He nodded, sitting next to me and pausing his movie from where he sat.

                       "You don't have to tell me what happened. Are you staying the night?" I nodded. 'Would you mind?" He shook his head. "Just...Tonight I was going to a party with some friends...I was just going to stop by for five minutes since Andy really wanted me too. It was some Uni party and it'll probably be lame but-" I held my hand up, knowing he was rambling.

                        "It's fine, maybe a party would be nice to go spend time with some kids our age instead of doing interviews." I chuckled, but the laugh didn't sound real. I was just in a state of shock. I was still so upset with Harry's behavior, disgusted even. How could he think I would be into that at all?

                       I shuddered, just thinking about it. I'm not gay, never even been curious. I had only met a few gay people in my life, and I tried to stray away from them because they all seemed flamboyant. People had called me gay before, but it never bothered me before. Now though, it seemed to bother me.

                      I sighed, drinking some of my tea and looking at Liam. "I'm really tired, would you mind if I went to sleep?" He nodded, standing up. "I'm going to watch my movie. But if you need me, just tell me and I'll shut it off." He said, his voice going serious. I was glad I chose to go to Liam. While he may try to be a badass, he was still the most sensible of all of us.

                       Zayn was sleeping, definitely. He slept a lot, but we all knew it was because he was always drawing or trying to talk to all his family every day. He was the only one who still seemed to struggle with being away from our families. We all did, but Zayn tried the hardest t keep in contact. He spent an hour everyday Skyping with them, even if we had just done a live show and had 6 interviews.

                      Niall, on the other hand, was probably out getting food or hanging with some fans. Niall was nice to talk to, but he wasn't as caring as Liam. Niall would press me to tell him, while Liam understood I liked to tell people things on my own time. Niall was seond closest to me after Harry, but still.

                          I went into the guest bedroom, sitting on the beanbag and staring at the ceiling. Thoughts were running through my head, but I didn't understand any of them. Just so many thoughts. I knew I would have to confront Harry at some point, but right now I wanted to stay as far away from him as I could.

                       I pulled out my phone, looking through Twitter. I was scrolling through the feed when my phone rang. At first I was going to ignore it, since I immediately assumed it was Harry, but when I saw my mother's number I answered, sighing happily. "Hey mum." She squealed with delight, obviously glad I had answered and she wouldn't have to leave a voice message.

                      "Oh! Louis, the girls and I miss you so much. We adopted a puppy and-" I gasped. "I've begged for a puppy forever! No fair!" My mom stayed silent, and I blushed. "Oh...Yeah. I'm famous, that's better than a puppy. Continue." I face-palmed, embarassed as she told me all about how the girls insisted naming it Louis because the dog never slept and always spilled things on the floor.

                      "It even has fur the same colour as your hair! Felicity has been cuddling with him at night, she misses you so much. She's wrote you some letters, but I don't think she wants to send them because she's afraid you would think it was dumb." My mom's voice softened, and it was easy for me to read between the lines, the words my mother wasn't saying.

                  Fizzy has been upset, and she probably hasn't left her room. My sister had a habit of not eating when she was depressed, so she was probably struggling a lot more than my mother let on. I'd always had a special relationship with her, since Fizzy and I were both mischevious and we both were in all of the school plays.

                   "Put her on the phone then, what are you waiting for!" I said, trying to joke but my voice wavered a bit. I waited, wiping at my eyes. I missed my sisters. I missed my mom. I missed everyone. I was pulled out of my own sob story when I heard her pick up the phone, and eventually she said "Louis?"

                          "Nope, this is the queen. I came to tell you to buy me a new crown. Of course it's me!" I said, trying to cheer her up. She let out a laugh, but I could tell it was watery. "Don't cry...Please don't cry. " She sniffled, and I heard her blow her nose, and I wished I could hug her right now.

                         No matter how bad things with me and Harry were, my mother having to deal with all my sisters alone with me there had to be harder. Especially when Fizz was being depressed. "Hey Fizz?" I said, and she murmured a 'yeah'. "Go into the kitchen." "I'm not going to put any shaving cream in the whipped cream can again." She said, and I snickered, remembering how upset my mom had been.

                       "No, go in and get a cup of tea." She walked out, I heard the tea jar of herbs open, before she asked "Yorkshire?" "Doesn't matter." She turned on the kettle, and she told me about how school had been. "Any boys?" She sighed. "There is this one but....He doesn't really notice me. He always has his nose in his book."

                       "You know what you do?" I said, and she waited, and I responded "You look at what book he is reading, then you read it and talk to him about it. It's a sneaky trick, but he'll think you're so cool for reading the same book." She chuckled, and I heard the tea kettle steaming in the background. "Don't burn the house down."

                     I could almost imagine her rolling her eyes, mocking me as she stirred her tea. "I got it. " I smiled. "Don't put any of that sugar in it." She laughed, and we both knew she had just dumped a lot of sugar in it. I liked the bitter taste, but she liked the sweeter side.

                    We both sipped our tea in silence, before she asked the inevitable question. "How's Harry? Are you going to be bringing him home again anytime soon?" I sighed, setting my tea down and wiping the corner of my lips. "I just....Me and Harry aren't really talking at the moment. I guess. But don't worry, I'm sure we-"

                   "FIZZY! GET UP HERE! LOTTIE BROKE MY LIP GLOSS!" "DID NOT!" I heard in the background, and I smiled. "Go deal with that. Make sure to watch over them, and mum too. Also, sweetie, eat something. Love you." I hung up, the silence on the phone stinging as much as the tears in my eyes.

                         I looked down at my phone, noticing the trending tweets. #LarryLoving I clenched the phone tighter in my hand, reading a few that mentioned my name. I read through, not really minding until I couldn't take it. I angril ytyped out a response to someone, and took a sigh of relief.

@skyleridk How's this? Larry is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. I'm happy, why cant you accept that.

Hello my curlies!

What are you thinking? What's going to happen next? Is Harry going to get over Louis? What do you WANT to happen?

Check out my other Larry stories!

XX