Chapter 5

Chapter 5

            "Are you ready?" Liam asked, fixing his jeans. They had gotten the wrong size for him, but they looked nice enough. We were standing in a small room, waiting a few moments until we finally performed. It was one of our first major performances and everything had to go perfect or else.

            I looked in the mirror again, a bit insecure about how I was looking. My stomach always was a bit pudgy, especially compared to the other boys. Niall and I weren't naturally fit like them. I sighed, rubbing my stomach but when I looked up into the mirror, Harry was standing behind me.

            "You look really good, mate. Really fit." He said, turning me around to hug me. I held him tightly. "Thanks! You don't look bad yourself!" I teased, and he did a little twirl as if he were wearing a dress. "Do you like?" I looked him up and down.

            He was wearing a pair of light black jeans that were baggy. He had no ass, unlike me, and I would have made them look better, but they did look pretty decent on him. He wore a normal pair of Converse. He also got to wear a blazer with a nice shirt underneath. He looked better than usual but still like himself.

           Harry had grown up on the posh side of town. He went to a fancy school and he loved brand-name clothes. I grew up in Doncaster, which means I am no where near being posh. During the X-Factor, we loved to mock how Harry talked differently then us, but soon he started talking more like us and we stopped laughing at him.

           "One Direction start walking, now." I heard in my earbud, and by the look on the other boys faces they got the same message. We headed to the train, and started performing. The first half of our performance was on a choo, which was a bit weird but fun all the same. We pre-recorded the singing for this part, so all we really had to do was mouth the words.

            We had to pretend to be being chased by fans, so we all ran, me making sure to make everything more dramatic than the others. Harry was slow for being the tallest, and Liam was the fastest because he was the fittest. Niall and I kept racing each other, but soon enough we were behind the stage.

           We went onto the stage, and I was shocked. There were so many people. I know we practiced on stage thousands of times, but it was different when it was completely full. This was different from the X-Factor performance. All these people came to see us. They all came just to hear us sing. One Direction. They came for One Direction.

            We danced around a bit before it was time for Harry's solo. We crowded around him a bit, him in the center. The spotlight focused on him, though the rest of us were quite visible. The music played, and I swayed since the song was really catchy. We all had to switch positions, so it took us a minute before we actually just listened on Harry singing.

             He messed up. He messed his solo up. Harry Styles messed up, and I just stood there, trying not to show emotion. Maybe nobody would notice. He sang off-key, and it was obvious he was having trouble breathing. He had asthma but it normally didn't affect him on stage. I looked over to him, and my heart ached.

            He looked like he was going to cry. His fingers that held the microphone were shaking, and he was shaking as well. After the first half, he looked at me and let out a breath he obviously had to hold to sing. His eyes met mine before he turned to finish.

            We sang the rest of the song, and announced the colour of the shirt. It was red. I never understood this but it was fun and Harry loved watching performances like this, I just hoped he was okay and that nobody noticed he messed up. We went backstage, and Harry was off. We had to walk backstage and sign autographs and take pictures with some people.