Homosexual Appeal

"Smiling at death seems like a pretty bold act. And so I smile like a damned fool." - Emm Cole.

~~~

Chapter 9

Tuesday- September 9th, 2014

I never thought that I would die on a Tuesday. I'm not sure what day I expected but definitely not on a Tuesday. Tuesday--an insignificant day of the week. It's not an "overly dramatized worst day of the week Monday", it's not a "Hump Day Wednesday", it's not a "jittery almost done with the week Thursday" and it most certainly is not a "cheers to the freaking weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday".

Tuesday was simply a boring, invalid day of the week that typically gets ignored as much as those unused condoms in your bedside table. Yet, as it appeared to be, it was going to be the day of my death for reasons unknown to me.

Even if I did so happen to be telling another drug dealer about Ash; did that honestly require a bullet in my head? Wasn't that taking things a little too far? I tried to think of ways of reasoning with Ash, there had to be something, right?

Or if I couldn't reason with him, maybe I could attempt to escape?

The man Ash had called over, Ruslan was now standing a few feet in front of me with the gun pointed between my eyes. How could I get around this guy and run for help? Who was I kidding, this guy would destroy me before I even moved an inch to the left. I was screwed.

I spoke, perhaps for the last time, "Ash, please, y-you don't have to do this. Please."

Ash simply stared at me, unblinking and emotionless. What kind of monster was he? Did he honestly not care about me at all? What about the "if you need anything at all, just let me know" or the sending me food, was that all just a ploy so that I would trust him? Was his plan to kill me all along?

Okay, but seriously he hasn't blinked in like thirty seconds, is he a robot? Oh, never mind, he just blinked. Damnit, being killed by a robot would've been a much cooler way to go.

Ash finally spoke, "If you hadn't taken advantage of my trust, none of this would be happening. This is your fault, Riley."

I wanted to scream. Hey, maybe that would work?

I screamed, "I DIDN'T.."

I wasn't able to speak another word, for Ruslan's hand had smacked across my mouth. Yeah, I should've seen that coming.

Ruslan spoke in a thick Russian accent, "Shut it." With a name like Ruslan, I wasn't at all surprised that he was Russian.

Ash rolled his eyes, "Just do it."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I had accepted my fate and was attempting to be brave but I could feel my legs wobbling as if they would give out any second. I was the farthest thing from brave.

I heard the click of the gun as it positioned the bullet into the chamber. Here we go. I love you, mom.

As I stood patiently waiting for my death, I was surprised when it never came. I peeked open one eyeball to see what the wait was for, only to see Ash and Ruslan burst into laughter. They were laughing so hard that tears were dripping down their faces.

What was this? Some fucked up joke? I stood there awkwardly, waiting for them to finish up their laughter.

A tiny squeal came out of the giant Ruslan, "Did you see his fucking face?" Then they laughed some more.

I crossed my arms across my chest and slightly pouted. So, this was a joke? I wasn't actually going to die? I should feel relived but I was honestly just pissed off and humiliated. Why would they do that to me?