one • property of liam dunbar

{liam dunbar pov}

In two weeks school starts again. Which means a new high school.

Being a new kid you have to catch up on things. Since I'm going to be a senior this year I have to choose new courses that's required for me to graduate.

   My single mom moves from job-to-job and gets promotions so we move a lot. I hate moving because I always have to make new friends and when I have to move again it's hard saying goodbye to them.

   We moved about five times in the past three years, different states or different towns in a state. Arizona, California, Neveda, back to Phoenix, and now Georgia.

   I'm hoping we stay here in Georgia because I love how it's green and the forest. And it's quiet too. We moved into Georgia about a week ago, and I want to stay until I graduate high school then I can go to college. But I know it's not going to happen, we always move.

   My goal this year is to not make as much friends like I did at my last school. Maybe two, three friends and that's it.

"Liam what do you want for dinner" my mom asked as she walked into my new room.

"Pizza" I answered not taking my eyes off my phone's screen.

"We had that yesterday" she sits on my bed next to my feet, I finally look up at her from my phone. She looked tired with thin wrinkles on her forehead and aging marks under her blue eyes. Her blonde hair stopped at her shoulders. I look nothing like my mom except my eyes, I have brown short hair, blue eyes, and I was short. Mom is tall.

   "Yeah so. At least you don't have to cook" I raise up and sit back against my head board.

   "You do have a point. I guess I'll order pizza then" she stands up and walks to my door then stop and turned around to look at me. "Tomorrow we'll go shopping for your school supplies and new clothes" she turns back around and leaves downstairs.

   I groan and lay back down. She does that every time we move before school starts, shopping for new things and ends up getting unnecessary things that I don't need.

I need to get out of this house. I put on my black beat up converse and grab my phone from my bed and slip it into my front pocket.

   I skip steps going down "Mom call or text me when the pizza is here, I'm going out to look around the neighborhood" I leave out the front door and walk down the sidewalk.

The neighborhood was quiet but kids were playing outside, either playing in the sprinklers, riding bikes, or throwing a ball around.

The bright sun was beginning to set behind the trees and mountains.

My phone buzzes in my right front pocket, I stop walking and pull out my phone.

Mom
Foods here

I put my phone back in my pocket and make my way back home.

   "Hey" I look around to see where the voice was coming from, "Over here" the voice was louder this time.

   I look across the street and a guy was waving his arms in the air trying to get my attention. I frown, confused to why he was calling me.

   "You live around here" he asked walking off his porch and onto the sidewalk across the street from me.

   "No I don't live here" I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes, he frowns "Yes I live around here" I said more politely.

   "Okay. I'm new around here and I wanted to look around town, do you know any good places to eat at" he asked and puts his hands in his pockets.

   He has blonde hair and blue eyes.

   "No, I just moved here about a week ago" I shrugged my shoulders. "Damn, but thanks anyway" he turns back to his house.

   I continue to walk "Hey, what's your name?" He yelled, I turn to look at him "Liam" I yell "I'm Brett" he yells back.

He closes his front door and I turn a corner to my house.