fifteen • property of liam dunbar

{liam dunbar}

   I walked to Brett's house. He wanted me to come over so we could hang out, but I can already feel the awkward tension that's coming.

   I pull my jacket closer to my body, it's getting colder outside.

   We had lacrosse practice today and it was fun. Scott was team captain and Brett was co-captain. I wanted to be co-captain but I guess Brett was better than me. We have a game tomorrow and I can't wait.

I walk up his drive way and to his door. I take a deep breath and knock twice. It opens moments later, showing Brett dressed in dark blue jeans and a blue V-neck shirt.

   "Let's go." He said shutting his front door and locking it behind him.

   "Where we going?" I asked confused because he said we were going to hang out at his house. He walk to his car and get in.

   "To the movies."

   "We are?"

   "Yeah, we're still hanging out. Plus I suggested that we could watch a movie or hang at my house."

   "Okay, I guess? What do you want to watch." I asked putting on my seatbelt and putting my hands in between my thighs to warm them.

   "I was thinking Creed." He backs out of his driveway and down the street.

   "Cool, isn't about Apollo Creed's son who is trying to box too?" I asked scrunching up my face in confusion.

   "Yeah, but he wants to create his own name and not be noticed just because he's Apollo's son." We stop at a stop light and he turns on the heater and radio.

   Justin Bieber's song Sorry comes on the radio, I restrain myself from singing and humming. From the corner of my eye I see Brett smiling and lip syncing to the song and bobbing his head forward. I smile internally, Brett was adorable when he wanted to be but a jerk later.

   He sings the parts he knows quietly "Come on sing Dunbar. I know you want to" he smiled cheekily.

I smile and join him in the song "Is it to late now to say soorry 'cause I'm. Missin' more than just of your body, oohhh" we sang together. We started to sing louder and laughed.

   Brett pulled up to the movie theaters and found a parking spot. We get out the car and walk to the theaters.

   "That was fun." He said stuffing his keys in his jean pocket. I nod my head in agreement and smiled.

   "I haven't been to the movies in so long" I said squinting in the cold and putting my hands deep into my pockets.

   "When was the last time you went to the movies?" Brett asked.

   "I really don't remember I mainly watch movies at home on netflix." I shrug my shoulders. We walked up to the movie booth and bought our own tickets. We were pretty early at the theater. Brett bought popcorn for us to share and I bought our drinks, water. We're both on a diet for lacrosse, no sugary drinks.

   We walked into the theater room where Creed was going to play.

   "Let's sit in the middle in the back." He suggested, I follow him up the stairs and take our seats. We waited for a long time for the movie to start, but we talked the whole time.