Chapter 16: Cruising with Love

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENTS, PLEASE BE GUIDED!

DEMI GETS DIRTY.. DIRTY.. LOL.

"The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective." - Henry David Thoreau

Unedited

As soon as the yacht started cruising away from the dock, I and Yvonne is at the top deck of my 3 decker yacht, looking at the calming water stretches as far as we can see, to the horizon.

We were both standing at the edge close to the railings of the yacht watching the inviting water.

"Are you and Katya not getting along well?" I suddenly asked Yvonne, since the curiosity is eating me up since we left the house. Their discreet exchanging of smirks said so that the two doesn't suit well. And, she's calling with me this endearment which I love, but I knew something is up and It made me feel uncomfortable.

She looks at me and smiled sweetly. Too sweet which made me think that there's something really going on, knowing Yvonne.

"I saw how you two exchange smirks." I said casually, sizing her up.

Her smiles slowly faded and she looks back to the endless calming water and heaved a sighed.

"What do you want from me Demetrio?" suddenly her serious tone reach my ears making me squirmed mentally.

I hate that tone.

"What do you mean?" I feigned shifting my body to face her completely.

She turned around to face the deck, crossing her hands on her chest. She looks too serious.

"You were kissing me and saying you like me. I'm scared I will fall for you then you will dump me like you did with the other girls." she replied cautiously, sighing momentarily as she shifted her gaze to me.

I was speechless for a second. Her words caught me off guard.

And, what is my plan for her?

I don't find any exact answer.

"I- I like you and I wanted to know you more. I never did this things before with other girls. I don't know. As much as I know is that I want you beside me." I said in honesty.

She looks at me with hurt and then look away.

"I can't promise you anything, but I feel so comfortable and contented with you." I continued on. I don't know if she's listening, with her eyes looking away, looking stunned or zoned out. But, I continued rambling on and on about how I felt for her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't love or promise to love you back because I don't believe in love so as in marriage. But, I can promise to be honest with you and not cheating on you." I said earnestly. She was still quiet and it's slowly making me feel anxious.

It's funny that I'm feeling all this strange feelings, never I felt with any girl. Usually its the other way around.

"At least your honest." she suddenly replied looking at me as she crack a half smile.

"What happened with you and your ex-boyfriend?" I asked out of the blue. Her face suddenly disgruntled and I regretted asking it. I had to put a filter on my mouth next time.

She shifted her body and look at me, too serious thats making me feel discomfort.

"His name is Ferdinand. We dated for almost two years. He's a dietician too at the hospital in Brazil where I was working. He was very nice to me. He treated everyone fairly and he is very gentleman and never took advantage of me. There are some times we argued and usually about me being an ice woman-"