Chapter 1: The First Week

My name is Brooklyn Parker, and this is the story of my first real crush. I know it sounds stupid, but just read along. You won't regret it!

My first day of this grade was a dream of mine. Oldest grade in the school, last year of Elementary, it's all anyone wanted at that age. I just have waited for this a long time, there are many things to look forward to. Lots of things happen during this school year, and I am honestly so excited to see what this year will bring for me.

I recieved a letter in the mail informing me about my teacher this school year and the room number the class was. I opened the letter; Mr.R in room 740. I've never heard of Mr.R, and I could swear I have heard of every teacher in the school. He had to be a new teacher there, so that made me a little nervous. For all I know he could be the most strict teacher to ever step foot in the school. I'm not really sure what to expect anymore, but I will in a few weeks when I go to Open House.

Quickly came the Friday before the first day of school, which also means Open House. That's the day where you meet your teacher for the upcoming year. I walk down the halls and finally made my way to the classroom where I finally met the teacher. He made a good first impression for me. He greeted me and my family at the door, he said a little speech to the parents about how he wants to teach the class, and I also happened to notice how he was wearing a Sponge Bob Square Pants tie. I'm not a big fan of the show, but the fact that he had it and even wore it made me smile.

The weekend came and went, and the first day of school arrived that Monday. I got ready that morning in the outfit I picked out a few days before. My parents waved me off when I walked up to the school. I went through the hallways and dropped off my siblings and walked into the classroom and looked around for a seat.
"Sit anywhere you'd like," Mr. R stated, realising I didn't have a clue what I was doing or where I was going. I sat in a seat with an empty desk next to it, since the desks were set up in rows with groups of two. I was looking around to see anyone I recognized from years before. So far I don't have any luck.

"Is this seat taken?" I hear from my side. I was honestly startled since I wasn't really paying attention. I look up to see a boy with blonde hair looking down at me, smiling.
"No, you could sit here if you want," I say with a smile. The boy sits down and empties part of his backpack into his desk.

"I'm Cameron, by the way," he says as he sticks a pencil box full of supplies into the desk.
"I'm Brooklyn," I tried to say in a non-weird, not nervous way. When I talked to him, I felt something I never felt before, something that made me feel a different feeling, did I have a crush on him? No, I couldn't, I just met him, but I felt a different way around him. I had to have a crush, it's the only explination. I just have to hide it from him...