Chapter 3- The Question

A few weeks later the five of us were walking through the halls to GATE in silence, Cameron grabbed my arm, trying to get my attention and try to separate us from the group.

"We'll catch up with you guys in a minute," Cameron called to the others. They nodded and walked off without us. I was really confused, and that nervous feeling was stirring up inside my stomach again.

"Why are you holding me back? What do you want? Not to be rude, I'm just really confused..." I questioned, really not knowing what to say. He looked around to make sure there was nobody around, because apparently he didn't want anyone else to hear what he says to me.

"You know, there's a dance at the end of the year for the fifth graders, almost as a final farewell..." Cameron started to say. "Ya, I know, but that's pretty far away, don't you think?" I whisper back. Cameron holds my hand, and I start to blush. "I know, but if I don't ask you sooner, I feel that another guy would ask you to go. I want to make sure that I have that deal with you." He whispers, "So, what do you say? Do you want to go with me?"

As he asks this my stomach feels like it's going to fall out of my body. My mind goes blank, not knowing what to say. I look at him, and he realizes that I was really speechless. He smiles. "Is that a yes?" He asks after a few seconds of silence. "Sure." I say back with a smile. "The only thing is, nobody knows that we like eachother. Can we keep it a secret for a little longer?"Cameron asked. "That's what I was thinking." I reply. He smiles and I stare into his blue eyes. We then walk to the class with holding hands and let go before we walk through the door.