Chapter 6- The Luau

My close friend takes me to her church sometimes when my church sessions on Wednesday nights are canceled. She takes me to her church and we do some pretty fun activities. I was invited by my friend, Natalie, to a luau party they were having to celebrate the last week of warmer weather. She took me to this event and I figured out something that I didn't know before:
Cameron goes to Natalie's church.

I was with Natalie playing limbo with a couple of the other kids at the church. We played it on the stage outside, and there was food tables all around and a large field for the kids to play.

I was going under the stick when Cameron was walking up the stage. I wasn't  paying any attention because the stick was really low. I got up we started walking off the stage. Natalie lost her balance when she went, and I was talking with her laughing about it. We get towards the stairs when I hear his voice behind me.

I turn around and sure enough, Cameron is walking behind me. I don't say anything to anyone, I just kept my cool because if I make it obvious,  Natalie would probably think something is going on between us. I continue talking with Natalie and then there is a tap on my shoulder. Crap.

"Brooklyn?" Cameron questions. I slowly turn around and see him staring at me. Oh no, this is actually happening! Not right now!

"Hi, Cameron. I didn't think that you'd be here," I start to say. I turn around and Natalie is looking at me like I have ten heads. I smile at her and turn around back at Cameron. 

"It was nice seeing you," I say as I pull Natalie off the stage. She kept asking me what that was about, and I told her it was nothing. She did suspect something, though. I'll tell her the truth when we're ready. Cameron kept coming in my direction every twenty minutes, but I would go do something else when I see him walk by. She kept asking what was going on the whole time, and I told her nothing. Eventually I said that he might have a crush on me, but I definitely didn't say anything about what happened in the hallway the one day. She believed me, since she knew that he was an awkward kid. She knew him longer than I did. We enjoyed the rest of the night, and she took me home after we helped clean up.