Chapter 4-During the Class

During our GATE class, all I could think about was Cameron. There was nothing else on my mind. I would look at him from across the room, and he'd be staring right back. I feel like this is a romance movie or something. How did this, or could this, just happen? It's crazy, and I just can't believe he really did it! I'm so excited, wondering what will happen next. What will happen? I really don't know... it's nice to think about though.

All the kids around me were asking me what I was looking at, and I wouldn't answer them truthfully. I'd tell them that I was just staring off into space because I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before. I couldn't tell them the truth, mostly because Cameron told me not to, and I don't want to lose his trust. If I lost his trust, I wouldn't know what would happen next. He might hate me for the rest of the school year, I don't know.

"Hello everyone!  My name is Mr. Sanderson and I am your GATE teacher." Mr. Sanderson announced to the class. Everyone focuses their attention on him, but I'm still looking across the room. "I am the new teacher and I'm very excited to be here. I have a lot of ideas for projects and many activities that require all of your advanced minds, which all of you have. That's why you're here, after all! Today, we are going to start one of the main projects of the year. Get into groups of two or three."

All the kids got up and went around the room, scrambling to their friends before they were asked by someone who they didn't want to partner with. I became partners with my good friend, Andrea. Mostly because she asked, I was still not paying attention and she kinda filled me in on what was going on. She was one of the kids I lied to earlier. Cameron didn't want to tell, so we figured not to partner this time. I didn't say anything to Andrea anyways.

"You really didn't get a lot of sleep, you are really starring," Andrea said.
"Ya, my sister has been starting to go through the phase of being afraid of the dark, so she's been whining all night. I share a room with her, and there's honestly nothing I could do."

"I want you all to write down a company name, something that you'll like and won't want to change." Mr Sanderson says after a little while.We wrote down our "company name" after he told us the rules of the classroom and project we were working on for the school year. That's how long it took us to decide on one. The project is building paper roller coasters, which is already sounding like a ton of fun, but also a ton of hard work. That's pretty much it, but I wasn't really paying too much attention to anything else, Cameron is who is on my mind.