Chapter 4

"Wake her up." A deep voice commanded.

Something cold and hard nudged Alona's forehead.

She shoved it away, "5 more minutes."

The men looked at each other. The one that was knelt next to her nudged her again.

"Hey! Who are you?" He yelled.

Alona jerked awake. She looked over the room. The lights were on now. There were two men in the room. They were dressed as crazy as the nurses at the hospital, except they looked more like business men. One had green hair slicked back, he wore a white suit with green edges that glowed. The other had styled unnatural red hair, and a black and red suit; he had something black in his hands.

She stared at the stick in the man's hands. She knew what it was for, beating the crap out of people. She did not want to be one of those people.

"Alona." She said firmly.

"What're you doing here?" Red head asked, he studied her as she retreated back into the corner.

"I-I got lost." She stumbled over her words, now they knew she was scared.

The green haired man smiled. She swallowed hard.

He spoke smoothly, "Well sweetheart we will take you home." He walked over to her and offered his hand.

She was hesitant at first, but then she saw there was no way to escape; she would have to wait and play along with them. She took his hand and stood up. They examined her nurse clothes and bare feet.

"So tell me where you live and we will be happy to return you there." The men exchanged a glance. Alona didn't believe a word he said. 

Red head lead the way out into an open room. Alona looked around, it wasn't entirely abandoned, random desks and chairs were scattered around the rooms. Most of the lights overhead blinked or didn't work at all. Glass was everywhere and Alona had to tiptoe through hall to avoid being cut. 

"I live in Maine." She finally answered, glancing to the green-haired man on her left. Red was behind her on her left. 

The man with green hair looked confused. He looked back at the red head who slightly shook his head.

"Hmmm. Well we'll get on that." The green haired man said.

She felt her stomach drop. She needed to get away from them fast. They were not going to help her.  

They led her into a room with an ugly, brown couch that was pushed against the wall. The cushions were busted and ripped. 

The men left her sitting on the couch and crossed the room to talk. She assumed they were discussing what to do with her. She scanned the room. She could make a run for the door, but with the glass littering the floor outside they would easily catch up to her.  

The red head walked over to her, "Follow me." He glanced down at her as he passed by. 

She glanced to where the green-haired man was watching her. She knew she would have to follow the red head. 

She stood and followed the red head down the hallway. He opened a door on the right and held the door open for her to walk inside. She walked past him and saw a faint smile on his face. He stepped inside the room behind her.

She waited for him to say something. He clicked on the lights. The room was mainly empty except for a large cylinder in the middle of the room. It went up into the ceiling. Its slick outside was shiny black.

Suddenly he grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. She screamed and tried to jerk away. He grabbed a handful of her hair and shoved her towards the tube. She tried kicking him, aiming for his knees. No matter how much she struggled, she couldn't get away from him. He was too strong. She wished she would have kept attending the self defense classes she signed up for.