Chapter 14

They had walked all day. Honestly, Alona wasn't sure if it was day or not. Although she felt like it was around 6 o'clock, which seemed strange to her that she could feel what time it was. 

She was getting a blister on her right heel, which she was sure was bleeding.

"Hey, wait." Alona said as she sat down and began taking her boot off.

Arlo stopped glanced back and sighed. He began quietly grumbling to himself. He had been nicer today. He was still annoyed that she half-way listened to him.

Alona slipped her boot off and gently pulled her sock down to see what the damage was.

She was bleeding. She splashed a little water on the blister.

"Here." She hadn't noticed him move towards her. He handed her a small bandage.

"What? No high tech laser repair thingy?" Alona teased.

"Not out here." He replied.

She glanced up at him. "They have that?"

"No. I was joking." He rubbed his neck. "Didn't really work, did it?" His face was still serious.

Alona scoffed, "Not really, but I appreciate the effort."

He smiled and walked out to where he was standing before.

She put on the bandage and her sock, then pulled her boot back on her foot. She stood and followed Arlo out into rock land.

----

The day, or whatever, was going by painfully slow. Alona was about to die from the monotonous rocky landscape.

She figured Arlo had absolutely no idea where they were actually going and was just hoping to stumble upon the mysterious "city" of rebels.

"Stop!" Arlo yelled.

Alona jerked to a halt, surprised by the volume of his voice.

"Get down!" He turned, grabbed Alona and threw them on to the ground.

She finally heard what he was talking about. A black ship came soaring over their heads. It was quiet until it passed over them, then a roaring filled their ears.

Alona pressed her hands to her ears. It was so loud she thought her ears would bleed. But as quick as the ship came, it left. She had never seen something so fast. If Arlo hadn't have shoved them to the ground she barely would have seen it. She definitely would have heard it though.

"We need to hide." Arlo jumped onto his feet. "Come on." He began running out into the rocks.

Alona pulled herself to her feet and chased after him, maneuvering rocks.

She looked in the direction Arlo was running. He wasn't waiting on her. She began running faster to catch up.

Alona was barely catching up to him when he disappeared into the ground.

"Arlo! Arlo where the hell did you go?" She ran up to the spot he disappeared. It was a hole. A deep, dark hole.

"Arlo? Arlo!" Her voice echoed into the deep chasm.

She waited for a response. She didn't know if he had he purposely fallen into the hole or did he want her to follow him down there.

"Arlo!" She yelled again.

She heard him groaning.

"Are- are you okay?" She yelled. She leaned down into the hole, she couldn't see anything.