Chapter 6

In the past couple of days Alona had been drugged, tasered, bound, beaten, and sentenced to death. College was a cruise compared to this.

She wanted to go home.

She dreamed she was taking a test. A final exam. She felt fine until she saw the teacher. He was the king and all the students were the crazy dressed people.

"If you fail, you die!" Everyone began laughing around her. She sat there mortified. She looked down at the test, she couldn't read it. She couldn't even comprehend what the test was about.

She threw the pencil at the king, he easily dodged it. He began laughing harder.

She woke up to the sound of someone humming. She was shaking from her dream. She felt sick at her stomach.

She groaned. Her hands were above her head. She pulled her hands down but they stopped short. She wasn't surprised that she was bound by a red bar of light, but she was surprised to find that the rest of her body wasn't.

She looked around the room. She was on an extremely large bed. The room was dimly lit. She saw a dresser, a table, three hovering chairs, and a set of double doors. To her right was a large wall of windows. The city outside was enormous. It was dark outside but she could see the lights that traveled on for miles.

"Like the view?" A voice said.

She turned her head to find the king watching her from the edge of the bed.

She retreated away from him. She pulled herself up against the headboard.

He laughed. "I won't hurt you." He said with an evil grin, "Not yet."

He walked over to her left side. She moved as far away from him as possible.

He threw his robe off, all he was wearing was boxer shorts. He crawled onto the bed. She kicked at him but he grabbed her leg. With all his might he pulled her down the bed until she was stretched all the way out. He got on top of her.

He was stronger than Alona thought.

She squirmed beneath him. She would fight until he either killed her or knocked her out. 

He laughed and leaned down to kiss her. She turned her head. She refused to be violated by this evil brute. He grabbed her face and held it in place, facing him.

She tried to jerk away and fight, but it was no use.

She realized she would miss the deadline for her next story. She hadn't wrote anything and there was no telling how many days she had been gone. She had missed work. Her roommate, Meg would have phoned the police by now. Right? At least they were looking for her, or so she hoped they were. 

Just as his lips lingered over her mouth, a loud alarm began blaring through the room. He jumped off the bed and grabbed his robe. Alona let out the breath she had been holding.

She was so relieved. She tried jerking her hands out of the bar but it wasn't working. She looked around for any kind of weapon. She didn't see anything she could use.

Men came storming through the door.

"Your majesty! Rebels have made it thr-" Before the man could finish an explosion erupted in the room. Alona tried to shield herself. Glass showered her and the room.

Loud flashes of blue lights bounced around the room. Alona tried to understand what was happening. The guards fired red beams out of the broken window.

Some kind of fight was happening. A blue beam hit the headboard next her hands. She jerked as it disintegrated the wood. The bar of red holding her hands in place flickered and she jerked her left hand free.  

This all reminded her of Star Wars. She wished she had a lightsaber right about now.

Alona watched in horror. She was literally in the most pathetic position possible. She told herself it could be worse, she could be completely naked. She searched the area around her for something to break the rest of the wood with, but there was nothing.

The king was hiding behind the end of the bed, he had forgotten her it seemed. Guards shouted for him to run across and they would cover him. As he ran across a small cylinder was tossed into the room. 

She had played enough video games to know when to shield her eyes. She shoved her head into the pillow and waited. There was a loud pop, then a slight flash of light, then ringing in her ears.

She lifted her head and looked around the room. Most of the king's guards were dead. The king was crawling across the ground, unknowing of his direction. He slowly stood then started to walk. A single blue beam shot through the window and found it's mark in his chest. He fell to his knees, then fell on his face.

He was dead. Alona watched as his body laid still on the floor, she couldn't believe her eyes. 

A man dressed in black swung into the room off a black rope. He shot the last two guards and looked around the room.

Alona stared at him in horror. Would he spare her? Would he kill her? Would he finish what the king had started?

He walked towards the bed. He stared at her. She felt hot tears rise up in her eyes. She tried jerking her right hand free.

He looked confused.

He reached the headboard and laid his hands on it, next to where she was bound. She tensed up and prepared for what he would do, unsure of his intentions.

"Turn your head." He said. His voice was deep, he had an accent but she couldn't tell where he was from. 

She stared at him, confused. 

He nodded in response. The first thing she noticed was his golden eyes, then his canine teeth, they were prominent compared to normal teeth. 

He nodded again at her. She blushed and turned her head.

He began pulling on the headboard. With one final pull the headboard splintered into small pieces.

Her hand was freed. She fell to her side against the bed. Her ribs hurt so badly. She was sure she had broken at least one.

She glanced up at the strange man, she was scared completely out of her mind. In one swift movement he scooped her up and over his shoulder. She cried out in pain.

He jumped out the window and grabbed a hanging rope. He swung onto a ship that hovered a few feet away. They landed with a thud. There he laid her down on the floor of the ship.

People walked over to her and asked her questions about what was hurting and why she was there. She told them every part of her that hurt.

Her rescuer glanced back at her as he disappeared into a small crowd of people towards the front of the ship.

A doctor took a syringe out of his bag, "I'm going to give you something for the pain." He then stabbed the syringe into her leg.

She had been drugged again.

----

Comment. Vote. 
Sawyer :)