01 | luke

edited 01.18.17

l u k e

Luke walked into the bakery, clinging to his little sister's hand as she tugged him through a crowd of teens that went to his school that was walking out. They all laughed at Luke, seeing he was with his little sister.

Luke grit his teeth and tried to bring Rosalie closer to his body, but the exuberant little four year old didn't obey. She dropped his hand, sprinting to the glass counter which showcased differently decorated cupcakes, cakes, pies, and cookies.

Luke shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked up slowly behind his little sister who was as tall as his thigh. Rosalie wrapped her small arms around his legs, keeping her eyes on the different assortments.

"Lukey poo, I want the pink one," Rosalie said, pointing to a pink cookie with a princess's crown on it. Luke wasn't paying attention, he was looking at the menu hanging on the wall which named all the different types of smoothies and things he could get.

"Hmm?" Luke looked down, seeing Rosalie's little fingers touch the glass as she kept pointing at the cookie. "Why not a cupcake Rosie?"

" 'Cause that cookie has a tiara on it and-and I'm a princess!" Rosalie giggled as Luke bent down and picked her up, smoothing down her dress.

"Oh, are you now?" Luke quizzed, watching as the little girl nodded eagerly. She wrapped her arms around Luke's neck and smiled, showing her white teeth.

"May I help you?" A kind, deep voice asked from behind the counter, capturing both of the Hemmings' attention. Luke met the watchful eye of a boy with bleached blonde hair and a dark blue apron on over his Iron Maiden tee shirt and black jeans. He was casually sipping on an Orange Julius, which made Luke start to crave one.

"Are you sure you want that one Rose? Once we get it we can't give it back," Luke asked his little sister who nodded, holding her hands up to her face. She was shy, just like Luke.

Luke blushed when he turned back to the boy who was looking at the two with admiring eyes, a small smirk on his face.

"We'll have two princess cookies, an apple juice box, and an Orange Julius please," Luke said as he set Rosalie down. She wrapped her arms around Luke's legs, hiding her face in his thighs as Luke pulled out his wallet.

"Who gets the juice box, cupcake?" The boy smirked as Luke handed him 20 notes, watching Luke squirm and blush.

"Cupcake? I-I didn't order a cupcake." Luke stuttered, getting handed back his change. The other boy just continued his provocative smiling as he produced the two cookies and a juice box, walking over the blender. Luke grabbed his things, taking Rosalie's tiny hand in his as he went to sit down, waiting for his drink to be made.

As he waited, he noticed that the boy's back was turned to him as he placed all the ingredients in the blender. Luke could see the fading purple hickey on the boy's pale neck and let his blue eyes wander down further. He stopped at his bum, biting down on his black lip ring. The biting didn't turn out so well as the ring grew slick with drool and slipped around in his teeth, producing a hurting pinch.

"Ow," Luke mumbled, not looking away from the boy's figure. The older boy turned around, smirking when he saw Luke's eyes on him. Luke blushed, turning back to his little sister who was happily munching on her cookie.

She already had pink frosting on her nose and Luke chuckled, reaching forward with a napkin in his hands. Rosalie tried biting his hand away, but Luke fought with her until he wiped it off. The two laughed, both scrunching up their nose as giggles left their mouths.

"Here," the Orange drink in a plastic cup with a black straw was placed in front of him and Luke gasped slightly, looking up to meet the green eyes of the older boy.

"Th-thanks." Luke blushed heavily, the older boy not looking away from Luke's eyes. Luke looked at his little sister but she was too focused on her juice box to notice the intensity between the two teenagers.

"You're welcome, cupcake." The boy smirked, turning away and walking back to the counter. Luke's eyes followed him - correction followed his bum - with hungry eyes. The older boy disappeared into the hidden kitchen.

"What's that paper?" Rosalie snapped Luke out of his daze and he looked at her to see her pointing to a paper laying beside his drink. Luke's eyebrows stitched together as he picked it up, blushing when he read it.

I saw you staring at my bum cupcake ;) hope you enjoyed it xx

"Nothing, just garbage." Luke looked at his sister. "Just drink your juice before I drink it."

Rosalie pushed her unopened juice box forward so Luke could open it, snatching Luke's drink off the table. She took a sip of it while Luke opened the juice box, taking a drink from the green box.

"Lukey," Rosalie looked at her brother with big eyes. "That boy is staring at you."

Luke turned around with the straw hanging from his mouth to see that his little sister was correct and that the boy with the dyed-blonde hair and light stubble was watching the two in amusement.

Luke blushed, handing Rosalie's drink back to her and taking his own, drinking almost half of it as he avoided turning around to see the boy.

"Why are your faces red?" Rosalie asked, pointing to his face. "You match your shirt."

"Are you done?" Luke asked quickly, keeping his attention on his little sister. She nodded, taking one last sip of her juice box before setting it back on the table. Luke grabbed their garbage and his uneaten cookie along with his drink and Rosalie's hand. He threw the trash away, looking up to see the boy nowhere in sight and quickly left before anything more could happen.

As Luke and Rosalie started walking towards a certain boutique in which one of Luke's very best friend's, Calum, worked at - Luke's jaw dropped in realization. His skin started growing hot and he looked back at the bakery with longing eyes.

Michael Clifford.

That boy was Michael Clifford. Memories of Michael started running through Luke's head like a film in reverse, making the boy's head hurt slightly.

"What's wrong Lukey?" Rosalie tugged on Luke's pant leg. Luke hadn't even realized he stopped walking in the middle of a busy sidewalk until now, hopping out his brain and looking down at his baby sister with large eyes.

"Nothing," he lied. "Let's just go see Cal."

Luke sent one last glance in the bakery's direction, sucking in a sharp breath. Never in a million years did he think he would see his crush of four+ years ever again; and he's so glad he did.

+
Parenting a tits finest.

Enjoy! xx

updated author's note: y'all helerr it's foreva. i missed you. luv u cupcakes. all u little cupcakes. you guys are like the flour to my cupcakes???? cupcake wouldn't be this successful without you guys enjoying it and commenting and i just wanna say that cupcake wouldn't be cupcake without you