13 | luke

edited 01.19.17

I'm going to wing this chapter like I wing my eyeliner

l u k e

Luke flew down the stairs, the amazing fragrance of really expensive cologne lingering in the air as he ran. He tried to hide his blush when he saw his mum standing at the door, holding a small assortment of yellow daisies in her hands and Michael standing at the door with his hands tucked into his back pockets, talking to Liz.

"Oh Luke, don't you just look handsome," Liz commented when she saw her son. "Michael is such a sweet boy, he brought me flowers. Not many boys do that these days, thank you by the way."

Michael sheepishly nodded before looking at Luke with bright green eyes the radiated happiness.

"Ready to go?" Michael asked Luke who nodded too quickly. Liz sent them both an appreciative glance before nudging Luke and shutting the door behind the two boys.

"Now can you tell me where we're going?" Luke begged childishly as they walked to Michael's run down looking car. Michael only shrugged, opening the passenger door and reaching inside, producing a brown cardboard box.

Luke eyed the box skeptically before lifting the lid and looking inside. In there was a single cupcake, decorated as if it were a flower.

"I thought that bringing you a flower was pretty cheesy, so I just decorated a cupcake like a flower really quick and-"

"Michael," Luke blushed heavily. "It's so sweet." He looked at the blushing red haired boy. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Michael smiled. "Your chariot awaits."

For Michael to say that was actually quite silly. His beat up red Volkswagon was anything but a chariot and resembled more to the before pictures of Cinderella's golden carriage. None of that mattered to Luke though as he sent his date a genuine, grateful smile. 

Luke climbed into the car, watching as Michael closed the door and walked to his side and climbed in. Michael started the car, the beast making a loud roaring sound as if awoke from its slumber.

"So now can I know?" Luke asked impatiently, listening to the steady hum of Michael's staticky radio station that somewhat played the beat of Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi.

"Here, I'll give you a hint," Michael smirked playfully. "It involves race cars and pumpkin pie."

"What the actual-" Luke cut himself off, his eyebrows furrowed. Race cars and pumpkin pie? What kind of [first] date is that?

"I told you they were only hints, Luke. I promise it's not as weird as it sounds," Michael let out with a throaty chuckle.

"Pinky promise?" Luke asked in his small voice that he only used when reading Rosalie a bedtime story. He liked reading to people, as weird as it sounded.

"Pinky promise," Michael answered back, linking their pinkies together before bringing their connected hands to his lips and kissing the back of Luke's hand sweetly.

The act made Luke blush so heavily he was sure he looked like a ripe tomato and turned to look out the window. Of course, he was on a different side of town that he had never seen before. The buildings had beautiful graffiti on them that made Luke happy, but the people walking down the street made the blonde bloke frown.

None of them looked happy.

"We're here." Michael parked the car right in front of a brick building. It looked about two stories and had glass paneling in the front, but it was dark inside so Luke couldn't see it.

"Where are we?" Luke asked, unbuckling hesitantly as he looked at Michael who had a shit-eating grin on his flawless face.

"I asked you on a date. We're at the destination of our date." Michael smiled, opening his door. He climbed out and turned around, leaning down so he could look at Luke. "I'm going to open your door for you, so don't do that awkward thing where we both open the door and I end up looking like the idiot."

Luke giggled and nodded, hiding his face with his hands. Michael nodded, closing his door before marching over to Luke's side and opening the door for him. Luke thanked him as he got out and noticed Michael double-checked to make sure his car doors were locked.

"Ready cupcake?" Michael asked, grabbing the silver door handle.

"I'm ready," Luke exclaimed with a curious look in his eyes and a shaky sigh to which Michael only smiled at.

+
ending it there