15 | luke

edited 01.19.17

l u k e

Michael let out a breathless laugh, his eyes crinkling at the corners. Luke watched in amazement and bubbled with embarrassment as Michael continued laughing, a small awkward smile of his own meeting his pale pink lips.

Luke let out an awkward laugh, one that was obviously fake and forced. His cheeks were heating up rapidly and he felt very embarrassed. Michael was laughing at him. He was far passed embarrassed. He wanted to run away but didn't as he and Michael were walking around the building. Luke noticed the front counter that would normally be inhabited with toys and knick knacks that could be won with tickets but was completely empty.

"Wait," Michael suddenly stopped when he noticed Luke wasn't laughing along. "You were being serious?"

Luke nodded, his cheeks blazing heat as he walked over to the other side of the counter so Michael was standing with at least two feet in between them - along with the counter.

"I think I should just go-"

"No don't go." Michael cut in. "I'm sorry I laughed, I didn't think you were being serious. You did have a lot of sugar."

Instead of thinking of a snarky comeback, a short snort left Luke as he giggled and covered his mouth. "You think I was just making up lies or something because of how much sugar I've consumed?" Luke let out another snort. "I'm not a child."

"Had me fooled." Michael muttered, making Luke cock his head and sassily put his hands on his hips.

"Oh really?" Luke snapped teasingly, making Michael's head shoot up and look at him.

"I don't know Luke," Michael urged the boy on. "Are you a child?"

The blonde boy licked his lips anxiously, choosing to ignore the fluttering butterflies that decided to come alive at that very moment. Michael's eyes stayed glued onto Luke's, making the smaller boy cave in himself. Just then Michael was leaning over the counter in which Luke was on the other side of, pressing his lips to Luke's sweetly.

Luke, completely overcome with shock, hesitantly closed his eyes and leaned into the kiss. His heart was going rabid, beating a few thousand times in a single second; although it was completely impossible. Luke thought Michael Clifford kissing him was impossible as well, but here they are, Michael making the impossible completely possible.

Michael reached up to hold Luke's face in his hand, caressing the back of the boy's neck and cheek softly. The act made Luke shiver, tilting his head to the side slightly to deepen the kiss. Michael understood immediately and didn't oblige as he urgently kissed the boy back, melting into the kiss as well.

Luke wondered if Michael could tell just how inexperienced he was, and his questions were answered when Michael pulled away laughing. Luke was suddenly really discouraged, biting his bottom lip to hold back a frown.

"Luke," Michael gazed down at the boy. "You're so tense. Just-" Michael gripped the boy's face in both hands, "relax. I've got you."

And Luke didn't doubt himself again. Michael leaned his head down to place his lips back against Luke's, electricity sparking between the two when they touched. Luke was less tense this time, feeling himself loosen up because of Michael's words.

By the time the two had pulled away, Luke felt as though he was dreaming. His crush from the eighth grade was actually kissing him. Michael actually liked Luke, and to the blonde, that was a fricken miracle.

Michael leaned forward to place another peck on Luke's lips, reluctantly pulling away after that. He ran his hand along Luke's cheek and let go, fixing himself.

"I have more planned for this date," he walked out from behind the counter, "you don't get to get off that easy." Michael rounded the corner and grabbed Luke's hand. He tugged the boy along with him, walking to a blue metal door.

"Oh and Luke?"

"Yes, Michael?"

"You're not a kid. I know that now."

-

"Woah. What is this place?" Luke asked, detaching his hand from Michael's to get a better look. He took a step forward, his eyes trained on what was ahead of him.

"This is the arcade's roller rink that also got shut down a long time ago. The original owner is still really good friends with my mom and gave me a key not too long ago. Hence, why I took you here on our first date. Plus," Michael added, "it's my safe place. I wanted to let you in on my own little secret."

"That's a lot of pressure on our first date," Luke spun so he was walking backward. "Letting me in on a secret like this calls for a secret in return." Luke stopped walking and held his hand out to Michael. "Name your price, Clifford."

Michael chuckled, walking towards the boy slowly. He made it to the boy, leaning forward so Luke was trapped against the railing to the rink and Michael's body himself.

"We always keep finding ourselves in this very compromising position, cupcake." Michael leveled. "Why is that?"

"Maybe you just like seeing me like this," Luke suggested. "Or maybe I'm the one who likes it. We may never know." Luke couldn't tell if his flirting was Michael Clifford worthy, but dangit, he was going to try.

"You're kinda cute when you flirt." Michael's face was so close to Luke's that Luke could see every sun-kissed spot on the pale boy's face. It made everything seem so unreal, it was antagonizing and everything he's ever wanted.

"I think I'll use my 'get to know something about Luke for free' ticket another time," Michael almost whispered. His voice made Luke shiver unwillingly, watching the boy's cherry colored lips move. "But for now," Michael paused, "what's your shoe size?"

+

and they went roller skating how cuuute