25 | luke & michael

25 | luke & michael

There are some songs to be better heard alone. The windows rolled down, hair waltzing with the wind, smile as big as the ocean. The kind of music so euphoric that's it nears an erotic experience - porn for your ears Michael calls it. The kind of music that comes alive around you and hugs your body tightly, suffocating you in goosebumps and messy pronunciations of the lyrics you can't seem to remember. The kind of music that you would find in a person.

Michael likes to think Luke on his own is a song from Michael's childhood. A song that doesn't have a title and Michael can't remember the beat of. An old song that could calm a hellish ocean. A song that shakes your bones and hums in your chest. The kind of song you spend hours searching for and can never find. A special song that breathes its own air.

"Luke," Michael chides. Luke glances up from Michael's coffee table while puckering his red stained lips into an 'o' the size of a dime. Luke and Michael were spending the weekend together after Luke had asked his mum to spend the night at Calum's, but staying at Michael's one bedroom apartment instead.

"You're so pretty Luke."

The two boys had been talking since Luke had arrived, lips catching Luke's soft cheek briefly before touching a cold beer bottle for the rest of the night. This was Michael's 5th beer while Luke was milking his 3rd - a true lightweight he was.

"I moisturized," Luke numbly answered. His eyes dragged observantly - no, hungrily - down Michael's body that was loosely hanging off the love seat. His long limbs twisted together so Michael was sat with his right leg over his left thigh and a throw pillow from his couch on his lap.

"The pillow is unnecessary, Luke grumbled. It's too hot in this house for a pillow covering Michael's lap when he's clearly wearing jeans too!"

"Are you self-narrating?" Michael quirked. Michael was not drunk. He wasn't even close, but Luke's eyes went straight to the beer in the fridge and he couldn't let his boyfriend drink alone.

"No," Luke sassily replied, "I'm obviously writing a book with my mouth."

Michael didn't know how to reply to his boyfriend, so he decided that it was probably best not to. Luke was a little vague in his response and absent with his eyes and Michael hesitated to open his mouth again, fearing the blonde would only get sassier with every reply.

"I'm going to get some water, baby, do you want some?" Michael's eyes open to see Luke curled into a tight ball, hugging his bruised knees to his chest. Michael's mind went to nasty places when Luke had shown up in a baby pink skater skirt and knee-high socks that stopped in the right place exactly, showing off the purpled skin as Luke quickly explained that he was clumsy and fell three times when he went to Calum's soccer game on Friday.

"Water?" Luke spoke delicately. "Like mermaids and stuff?"

"Like mermaids and stuff." A small smile tattooed itself onto Michael's cushioned lips and he reached out to rub Luke's chin who hummed in approval.

Michael dropped his empty beer bottle with a small 'clank' into the recycling bin and waltzed toward the cabinet to grab two water glasses. Michael's body moved mindlessly throughout the room, dodging stainless steel appliances and the island counter that had jabbed him in the gut a few times before. He heard Luke humming breathlessly in the other room, a few words jumbled in. A smile etched its way onto Michael's blossom colored lips and he followed his path back into the living room with two ice water glasses in his hands.

"Luke," Michael's voice was silky, "what are you doing?"

Luke's murky eyes blinked up at Michael from his new place on the couch, unfocused and dim. Michael wasn't sure whether or not Luke was coming back from his comatose state of mind.

"Dreaming."

Michael licked his lips in a fleeting movement and sat down next to Luke. Luke's hands immediately went to Michael's shirt to fist the cotton material, a dumb smile on his face.

"What about?" Michael was curious. His eyebrows drawn together so close that lines and crevices formed along the span of his forehead, colored hair dipping into his eyes.

Luke was warm. His attitude, his aura, his demeanor - all so warm to Michael that he could taste the heavy thrum of his heartbeat when Luke's eyelashes fluttered open and bright, blue and aware eyes stared directly at Michael's lips.

"About a lot of things," Luke muttered. "About you and me, my dog, my little sister, school, my future."

"About three of those things actually sound like good dreams to have," Michael teased. A flushed expression crossed Luke's face briefly before the boy sat up and became more alert of everything.

"I know," Luke replied, "I want to stop my brain from driving so fast sometimes."

Michael understood this part, albeit Luke's words were creatively put. Michael had past experiences that shaped him to think that way about his mind as well, wanting his mind to shut off more than once. He could only imagine what Luke had gone through; his dad and brother leaving, the insecurities and worry about what people would think of his clothes, and other stuff that Michael hadn't dug around enough for. If Luke wasn't ready to talk about things, Michael could wait, and vice-versa.

"I-I heard," Luke grumbled anxiously, moving so his hands were grazing the tops of Michael's shoulders and his legs were saddled on either side of Michael's hips, "that sometimes kissing can help with that?"

Michael smirked, brushing away Luke's stray hairs with his fingertips. Luke was tugging on Michael's hair on the back of his neck.

"Okay, I think I can help with that." Michael reached behind Luke. "But I need you to chug these two water glasses first."

It was a win-win situation for both Michael and Luke, so who was Like to deny a little challenge that resulted in Michael's lips on his?

Luke grabbed one of the glasses and stared at the clear liquid before bringing it up to his lips and swallowing as much as he could without deep-throating the floating ice.

Michael rubbed Luke's back soothingly which only coaxed the boy to force more water down, Michael's lips tickling Luke's exposed collarbones. Luke almost choked on his water, wheezing out a cough when Michael bit down on the spot between where his shoulder and neck meet, and Michael only laughed into Luke's shoulder.

"Stop," Luke whined into Michael's hair. "I'm going to choke or something and the whole mouth-to-mouth/heimloch maneuver is not what kind of physical contact I'm going for tonight."

Now it was Michael's turn to choke. He inhaled a lungful of Luke's cinnamon scented perfume and titled his head back, watching Luke with weary eyes.

"What kind of physical contact are you going for tonight?"

An innocent enough question on Michael's part. He expected his young boyfriend to shy away and realize what he said, blushing deeply while mumbling out and apology. What he didn't expect, and what really happened, was Luke to glance down at him with an almost dangerous look in his eyes, daring Michael to make a move.

"I don't really know," Luke smirked. Something about Luke's lips seemed so enticing in that moment, the way his blonde hair brushed his forehead, or how his hands were now touching anywhere on Michael's body as innocently as he could.

"O-okay," Michael replied with his hands pressed against the bottom of Luke's glass, forcing Luke to drink more water. "Okay."

+
Updates every other Monday!