18 | luke

edited 01.20.17

l u k e

Lots of things can happen during a four-day weekend. Lots of good, bad, and the in-between. This weekend started with Luke hanging out with Calum, and once those two are together there's no really stopping them.

They become invincible, head-strong, and a bit too cocky for anyone's liking. They were firm believers in doing at least one reckless and inappropriate thing once a week just to make sure no one thinks that they're prudes. Reputations in high school never really meant anything to Luke until Michael graduated without a second glance in Luke's direction. That meant Luke had to step up his popularity game for his last year at high school so that he and his friends would have the best last year ever.

It totally helped that his friends were nothing less of extraordinary and captains for the most popular sports at his high school.

"Ashton's still mad at you." Luke rasped out, letting both of his hands rest behind his head as his eyes trailed along the white ceiling, counting all the glow in the dark stars above him. "What happened?"

" 's not important." Calum shrugged, making Luke frown. "What matters now is that I'm done, clean, going back to my old self." Calum looked a little heartbroken in Luke's eyes. If anything, Calum couldn't go back to the guy he was before Ashton.

"I want some hot chocolate milk." Luke changed the subject, stating the first thing that he thought.

"You mean hot chocolate?" Calum snorted.

"No, hot chocolate milk." Luke pouted. "Is that not what it's called?"

"Oh my god," Calum laughed. "You mean to tell me that you've gone eighteen years of your life calling it hot chocolate milk? What did you do when you went out to eat?"

"I'd make my mum order." Luke frowned. "I never order for myself unless I'm with Rosie."

"Okay well, what's cold chocolate milk?" Calum asked.

"Iced chocolate milk."

Calum wouldn't stop laughing, and it made Luke blush a little too hard. His logic was that people called it iced tea and iced coffee, so he called it iced chocolate milk.

"You're too adorable," Calum laughed, falling on top of his best friend and wrapping his arms around him.

"I'm not adorable," Luke pouted again. "I'm manly."

"As manly as a pretty princess could be," Calum said in an agreeing voice, but he obviously was just playing along with Luke to make the boy happy.

Instead of rudely pointing out to Calum that he was in fact, very manly, Luke just ran his hand through Calum's hair.

"Do you miss Ashton?" Luke asked in a quiet voice, not wanting to startle Calum off with his question. Luke noticed how Calum's shoulders slumped and he clung to Luke tightly, burying his face in the boy's pink sweater.

"So fucking much," Calum answered and Luke heard his voice cracking. "I d-didn't even realize how m-much I actually liked Ashton until h-he told me he didn't want a relationship w-with me, but he wanted one with this H-Heath assholè and I just c-couldn't take it. I'm fucking b-broken Luke, and Ashton d-doesn't even c-care."