Chapter 2

Matt's POV
I was heading to the nurses while playing The Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina Of Time. I had run into the walls and doors a few times not having Mello here to guide me like usual. This time I ran into a living creature. I heard a thump and looked down at whoever I ran into, all I saw was a clump of white fluff then I realized it was Near.
'Hah! Mello's right he does look like a sheep or maybe a bunny....'

"Oops sorry Near"

"It's quite alright Matt"

I reached out a hand to help him up. He took it and I smiled as I pulled him up. Whatever Near had dropped had rolled to my feet, I bent down and picked it up. In my hand was a tiny Mello puppet. 'Why the h*ll does Near have a puppet of Mello? It's so creepy. This is a little weird, even for Near'

"Ummm... Near what's this?"

"It's a puppet"

"Yes but why is it Mello?"

"Because I find Mello interesting."

"That's bizarre."

"It is?"

"Yeah... Well maybe if you have puppets of others it isn't as weird... So.... Do you?"

"Yes"

"Cool who else? I was kinda hoping he had one of me

"I have a puppet of myself."

"That's it?"

"Yes"

Oookay then..."

I quickly walked away wondering if I should tell Mello ' Mello does deserve to know, I mean it's soup pet of him, but I don't want him to kill the poor kid.' I didn't have much time to think about it, as Near was coming over. Apparently one creepy encounter wasn't enough for him.

"Matt"

"What's up puppet master?"

Near sighed "I would like to ask a favour of you Matt"
I raised an eyebrow and grinned smugly. 'I could play Bear in the palm of my hand, Near could be the puppet and I could be the puppet master, just think of all the stuff I could do if I had that power I could- Woah! Woah! Slow down brain! Stop! No creepy, evil Mello thoughts allowed! I'm spending to much time with him...'

"What is it, you want me to keep the puppet a secret from Mello right?"

" not so much a secret, but maybe not tell him about the encounter."

" you do realize that you are asking to keep a secret from my best friend that is about him."

"Yes I am aware"

"Why should I?"

"Well it is very troublesome to get blood out of white clothing and I do not believe that it would benefit anyone of us to tell him."

"It would benefit Mello because you wouldn't have a creepy looking puppet of him anymore."

"It would not benefit Mello as it would only upset him, making him lash out, receiving a punishment and lecture. It would not benefit you because you will have to put up with him when he is angry and will most likely be in trouble for talking to "the enemy" and it will not benefit myself because I will become painted with bruises."

'This is why Near is number one and not me, he think everything through. I could have sworn I saw sadness in his eyes when he quotes Mels calling him the enemy. Does Near wanna be friends with Mello? If so that's probably the reason he has a puppet of him, he has a puppet because he can't have a real friend.' All of a sudden I felt extremely sorry for Near he has no friends and the one person he wants to be his friend hates his guts.

"Alright I won't tell him."

"I will be sure to return the favour"

"No rush" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Yes there is, I do not like being in people's debt especially not people as mischievous as you Matt."

"Me? Mischievous? Mello's the mischievous one."

"You are as well Matt that is why the two of you get along so well."

"Well I'm not as bad as Mello" I pouted

"I agree, you aren't as bad as Mello, not only is he mischievous, he is also sneaky, persuasive and alluring."

"I-is that good or bad?"

"It depends"

"On what?"

"MATT! Where are you?" I heated Mello call from a distance

"Have a nice day Matt" then Near began to leave.

"Wait Near! It depends on what?!!"

'Come on! I wanted to know!' At first it sound like Near was offending him but then it sound like a complement .

"Matt there you are what took you so long? Look I'm sorry I just really hate Near."

"I know Mels"

"So where's the ice?"

"Oh! I forgot about it because the rest of me hurt from running into everything"

I looked up in time to see Mello smile, a genuine smile and a soft laugh. 'I like to see the smiles I create on Mello's face because they're genuine, not his usual smirk and I like to know that I'm the only one that can make him smile like that. There's something about pleasing Mello that just makes you feel so f*cking good about yourself. My thoughts drifted back to Near, he never knew what it felt like to make Mello happy, true only L and I do but it is the best f*cking feeling. I want Near to feel that because he doesn't feel anything or at least he pretends he doesn't. If Near's lonely the perfect way to make him feel special is to get Mello to act around him like he does with me. Of course that will never happen though... Maybe I should tell Mello about the puppet. Then Mello would freak out and get punished, this will be good if I remember what Mello's punishment if he miss behaved once more this month would be correctly.....' I grinned deviously, 'Near was right I am mischevious'

An: and another chapter is complete! Sorry it was a little slow. Warning next chapter is going to be slow as well it's gonna be in Near's POV. I'm sorry but I need to do this to build up what's going to happen later on:) I promise the halter after Near's will be full of stuff. Okay. Byeeee

-Mei