New discoveries

Mello's POV
'You're like a school girl with a crush' Matt's words kept echoing through my mind.
I don't like Near. I don't like his soft white curls or his cold and calculating eyes, his deep, soothing voice or his thin fingers constantly twirling his hair. I don't like his small, delicate frame or thin pink lips. His amazing intelligence, his white eyelashes that always look like they're covered in snowflakes or his bags that make him look like a panda bear. I don't, I don't, I-

"F*ck" I said aloud.

---------- The Next Day---------
I have recently discovered that my hate for Near is actually..... I shuddered, I can't even think of that word. I was sitting at the breakfast table ignoring my oatmeal as there was no chocolate in it.

"Hey Mells"

"Yeah Matt"

" yesterday I forgot to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Promise you won't get mad at me."
I started at him suspiciously. If I couldn't get mad at him then who was I supposed to be mad with?

"Just tell me Matt."

Matt leaned in close to me and whispered in my ear. Matt finished and pulled away, waiting for my reaction. I stared at him in shock for a moment before yelling,

"HE HAD WHAT!?!!!!"

Near's POV

"HE HAD WHAT!?!!"
Mello yelled the entire room went quiet and I froze. 'Please tell me Matt didn't tell him, please!' Mello got up and everyone but Matt looked scared that they were going to be the next victim of Mello's anger issues. I kept my regular expressionless facade plastered to my face but really I was scared as well. Mello was fuming but he remained silent. Mello's silence is scarier than his yelling because his yelling is normal. His silence means that he's ready to kill, that he's so mad he can't even function normally and right now he was silent. Nobody said anything, nobody moved they all say there like statues. I continued doing my puzzle, not even looking up once. I had to act as if nothing bothered or affected me. Nothing really does anyways, except Mello. Mello began to walk over to my table. I closed my eyes for a second, praying to every god I didn't even believe in for mercy.

Matt's POV
When I told Mello he got angry and yelled no surprise, but then he went silent. I didn't think he'd be that mad! I began to worry as the minutes of silence ticked by. Mello stood shaking with rage after seven minutes he began walking over to Near's table still in silence. 'Oh No... What have I done!'

Near's POV
Mello stopped at my table and stood there.
"Mello" I greeted refusing to look at him. Two minutes past usually the moment I spoke, sometimes before he would start yelling or hitting me. But usually yelling, Mello's only ever hit me once or twice. But he still hadn't done anything. Finally my curiosity got the best of me and I looked up.

"Do you need something?" I asked
Instantly I regretted it feeling a strong yet small hand collide with my face. I fell back off of the tables bench waiting for the next blow. I cracked my eye open and saw four security members each grabbing one of Mello's limbs. One of them received a kick in the face. I winced knowing how badly it hurt to get kicked by Mello's large boots. There was a cracking noise and the man let go

"F*ck! the brat broke my f*cking nose!"

Mello kicked the other officer golfing a leg in the crotch and he let go. The other two holding his arms bent down to try and grab his legs so they could take off his boots. 'no don't! He's gonna-' Mello smashed both their heads together hard and they fell to the ground unconscious a few people screamed and Mello stormed over to me dragging me out by the collar of my shirt. He dragged me out and into the court yard. He threw me up against the wall, my back aches and my cheek was sore and bleeding from getting hit earlier. Then Mello came up really close to merit bodies nearly touching. I could feel his breath on me, he put his arms one other side of my head to stop me from escaping.

"Why the f*ck do you have a puppet of me you creepy b* stard!"

"I believe that you have already came to the most logical conclusion."

"Because you like me? You want us to be.... Friends?"

"Correct"
Mello looked confused, then angry and then serious.

"How did you acquire this puppet"

"I made it."

"When?"

"During our 'conversation' with L, you didn't move until the other children came to close to you, you were in the same position for two and a half hours."

"That was eight months ago!"

"Yes"

"You've wanted to be my friend for that long!"

Mello showed no emotion he was to busy collecting data to win the game.

"No"

"Then when did your hate for me turn into this?"

"I have never hated you, I have always liked you Mello this so called enemy relationship is one sided."
Mello stared at me with his icy blue eyes, he was evaluating how likely it was I was lying. Once he finished his angry look returned with a mixture of confusion. He leaned back and raised a hand. I closed my eyes waiting for him to hit me a minute later I opened my eyes and looked at him questioningly. He had put the hand over his eyes in frustration.

"Is this not the Part where you hit me?"

Then Mello did something shocking he walked away. I could tell he was still mad but he left. He was probably leaving to beat up the guards some more but why not me? Just as I thought I was beginning to understand him he changed it again.
He is like a rubiks cube that has been modified so that it can never be solved and I am the fool who still tries to solve it anyways.

An: okay I don't know if I spelt Rubik's cube right sorry if I didn't. I hope you enjoyed it and I will update really soon thanks 4 reading💜
-Mei